MINK!

put ferret down, heard it scream and saw minks tail flick down different hole. Dog couldn’t reach it so I grabbed it and pulled it out!

dog went cracked got it on the back and killed it

mink weighed bout 4 pounds

post-44612-126512736723_thumb.jpg

Edited by lukeM51

put ferret down and heard it scput ferret down, heard it scream and saw minks tail flick ijust inside da hole so grabbed it and pulled it out!

dog went cracked and killed it! and pulled

well done mate, one of my jills meet one about 3 weeks ago, it made i right mess of her, but she ok now.

Thats very random - i was talking about this with my Dad last night - we have a permission where there is a long stream bed full of sets but also we have been told full of mink (they have decimated the farms chickens) - we were debating the chance / risk of ferrets coming into contact with a mink underground and how likely we were o lose a ferret!

What kind of ground were you ferreting? How did the ferret fair? was it a rabbit hole or mink hole?

atb

jai.

p.s - good on your dog - thats a huge mink!

they were rabbit holes we had just had 2 rabbits out of the holes next to them, and there was fresh dropings by holes. think the mink just move in to them. they were in a bank about 10 yards from a brook. think i would try and get shut of mink first. im going down with rat smoker and dogs or gun. think they should come out with smoker.

apple orchard! bout 500yards from stream!

wasnt sure what to do when i coped it but i could see it so had to do something! ferret is a bit shook bu this happend sunday and she seems fine, no open wounds or swelling, she got caught by da scruff

Lucky - i hate mink and the thought of losing a ferret to one makes me cold - i might trap that stream for a while before i ferret it.

Out of interest - what do you think it weighed?

There's a lot of them on my local river used to trap them...found they get wise to traps quite quickly,best method i found was baiting spots for them let them get confident then go there and pop them off with air rifle...John

put ferret down and heard it scput ferret down, heard it scream and saw minks tail flick ijust inside da hole so grabbed it and pulled it out!

dog went cracked and killed it! and pulled

Braver man than me luke,good on you glad the ferrets ok...John