As marksman said every gun is different, but I am using Bisley Magnums in my .177 HW100 and they dont half whack... But take note these do push my gun very close to the legal limit, at around 140-160 bar of cylinder presure.. :icon_eek: They are 10,4 grains fairly heavy.. I also use FX but not done much with them yet, hunting wise. But they seem to keep the ft/lb down around 11.4. they are 8.4 grains.. It's an often debated science the old what pellet for this gun lark..

But I have clamped my gun in a black&Decker workmate, set a 5 circle target at 30 yards. and put 6 pellets of each type at different circles on the target.. And just see how they group/penetrate.. I put the target on a piece of 3/4 inch ply. and set the pressure in the cylinder at 160bar for each set of pellets. It just gives a reasonable idea of concistency.. But cheap pellets are a waste of time.. Ie Milbro,and stuff.. I hope this helps you a little, as I know it can get a bit frustrating.. :wallbash: Good luck hunting chap.. :thumbs:

hi mate

atm im using bisley magnums in my .177 s510 and they drop rabbits for fun another cracking pellet is the jsb exact both give you the dropping power but more important (well to me anyway) is accuracy you can shoot drawing pins at 30mtrs all day ..

atb gary

Edited by festa

hi ya buddy

i am the same i use bisley mags in pcp's and my tx200hc 177 is using them at the min and like gary said they drop rabbits for fun but on close range they can go straight through mags are alot better on 20mtrs and over and jsb's are good to matey

shay

I have a Bar custom HW100 in .177

Mine run's on a Diet of Defiant 4.52 for Targets

Exterminator 9.50's for Hunting

& Defiant 15's for real stopping power

BOB/R

I have heard around these parts the guys use the Air Arms field 8.4gr 4.52 for targets and the JSB 10.5gr 4.52 for hunting.

Roger!

I have a Bar custom HW100 in .177

Mine run's on a Diet of Defiant 4.52 for Targets

Exterminator 9.50's for Hunting

& Defiant 15's for real stopping power

BOB/R

I have heard around these parts the guys use the Air Arms field 8.4gr 4.52 for targets and the JSB 10.5gr 4.52 for hunting.

Roger!

hi mate im sure the jsb .177 are 8.4gr they are pretty much the same as the AAf pellet

atb gary