The only thing that comes to mind that could cause inaccuracy in a multi would be if the magazine damaged the pellets.. however it may make the shooter shoot faster and therefore rush the shot more (thinking of target shooting) hence a loss of accuracy..?

I think that the general consensus on a multishot magazine is that there is the tiny possibility that the magazine may not index with absolute precision 100 percent of the time.

Having said that, we are talking a thou of a milimeter or so maybe even less?

I really dont think that it will make much difference to the POI as regards the POA.

Lets face it, you can not load a pellet with your finger with the exact precision that you loaded the last one (if you see what I mean? )

Phantom

I think that the general consensus on a multishot magazine is that there is the tiny possibility that the magazine may not index with absolute precision 100 percent of the time.

Having said that, we are talking a thou of a milimeter or so maybe even less?

I really dont think that it will make much difference to the POI as regards the POA.

Lets face it, you can not load a pellet with your finger with the exact precision that you loaded the last one (if you see what I mean? )

Phantom

the pellet is pushed out of the magazine and into the barrel before the shot mate so even if the mag isnt indexing 100% it will make no difference to pellet placement before the shot

Some magazines can have too much spring tension and damage the pellets skirts slightly, Especially on soft pellets such as AA fields. One of my rapid mags had a a lot of pressure on. I can't say for sure If this affected accuracy but I adjusted It just in case.

the pellet is pushed out of the magazine and into the barrel before the shot mate so even if the mag isnt indexing 100% it will make no difference to pellet placement before the shot

Yeah your quite correct there :yes:

However what I meant to say by what I typed; was if the mag is not indexing correctly, then the pellet may (as it is pushed into the breech by the bolt) have a tiny amount of shaving of part of the pellet, or as Matty says, the skirt may be deformed slightly as it leaves the mag.

Phantom

Edited by Phantom

Wouldnt the skirt blow out to hug the barrel under that much air presure,just a thought.

Thats the way they are designed to work :yes: but if part of the skirt is damaged, by say having a nick taken off it, then although the skirt should still be blown out to hug the barrel, it would in theory push the nose off axis/centreline and as it left the barrel it would then be off aim.

Don't want to get into a physics degree course here, but thats the basics as I can put them easily down.

Phantom

Edited by Phantom