my two terriers eyes have yellow pussy stuff in them one of them had it at first now both have it.been cleaning it with saltwater just wonderd if theres anything else i could do ? any help appreciated

Edited by terrier s

my two terriers eyes have yellow pussy stuff in them one of them had it at first now both have it.been cleaning it with saltwater just wonderd if theres anything else i could do ? any help appreciated

are they picking up excess dust from their bedding,hay straw,i have to change my dogs straw regularly as it seems to break down and become dusty quickly,if not bedding in someway,dont know sorry

Do you use the terriers for digging? if you do you must make sure you wash their eyes out properly after wards.

What are you feeding them?

hi attack fell terrier yes they are used for digging they are getting fed on working dog mix not sure of the name of it to hand would need to go check ,topper thanks for the info about the salt water also where would i get the ointment ?

DON T WASH THEM OUT WITH SALT WATER AS IT DRY S THERE EYES UP wash them out with cold tea or use something like terramycin ointment

So how does that work then??? Tears are salty water??? Eye washes are saline solution(salty water). If you are using too much salt in a homemade saline solution then obviously that would cause a problem but a mild mix would be perfectly ok i'm sure. Never been a problem with my terrier.

Edited by ratattack