red rabbit urine?

the rabbits are coming in to season didnt know myself was told off a mate today cheers DM :victory:

Eye, i had a doe today in early stages of being in kit :icon_eek::thumbdown:

I have had a fair few lately with red/pink urine when pissed. I wouldn't support the statement that rabbit urine is always red :blink::whistling: Quote "rabbit piss is always slightly red" :no:

ATB

LD13

support what ever you want lad. I breed rabbits, am studying wildlife biology and have done a presentation on the european wild rabbit . there urine tends to be red/ pink colour this includes the bucks. rabbits dont come in to heat like dogs or ferrets. mating induces ovulation. good lad!

Get out of your text books and kill a few :gunsmilie: , Good lad :whistling: , then you might see that there are few with red/ pink piss. Often very yellow to creamy white.

f*****g hate know all jobsworth students, patronising c**t. :feck:

Dont be silly my friend. theres no need for ignorence. I have killed my share.

PICT0435.jpg

Try and be happy. Hatred is baggage!

Prof positive indeed :icon_eek:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally when the rabbits urine turns red here it bacause they are eating mainly bark from trees, its just a way of dissposing of the chemicals in the bark when digested :)

i agree with stealthy when we get shit loads of snow and ice mr bunny cant get to the grass so they turn to whats above the snow ..trees being there main diet well the bark from trees ....

atb gary

Normally when the rabbits urine turns red here it bacause they are eating mainly bark from trees, its just a way of dissposing of the chemicals in the bark when digested :)

i agree with stealthy when we get shit loads of snow and ice mr bunny cant get to the grass so they turn to whats above the snow ..trees being there main diet well the bark from trees ....

atb gary

I concur :D always thought it was from brambles and bark JB

The reason is the Tannin in the bark their eating,the same chemical used to tan leather years ago before synthetic substitutes,they used to collect acorns and "tread" them like grapes with spiked boots in a vat to get it,bark's full of the stuff,not many rabbits are going to ovulate when their starving are they?

Is mother nature that stupid,lol.

The reason is the Tannin in the bark their eating,the same chemical used to tan leather years ago before synthetic substitutes,they used to collect acorns and "tread" them like grapes with spiked boots in a vat to get it,bark's full of the stuff,not many rabbits are going to ovulate when their starving are they?

Is mother nature that stupid,lol.

6 of the rabbits i got last week wer full of youngins mate

the rabbits are coming in to season didnt know myself was told off a mate today cheers DM :victory:

I have had a fair few lately with red/pink urine when pissed. I wouldn't support the statement that rabbit urine is always red :blink::whistling: Quote "rabbit piss is always slightly red" :no:

ATB

LD13

support what ever you want lad. I breed rabbits, am studying wildlife biology and have done a presentation on the european wild rabbit . there urine tends to be red/ pink colour this includes the bucks. rabbits dont come in to heat like dogs or ferrets. mating induces ovulation. good lad!

knowlidge is power

Theres alot of red stains where they've pissed on my ground, I was also wondering why :hmm:

Im not convinced its always red as I've seen in all sorts of colours when pissing the bag. Always assumed it was to do with dehydration - I know mine can be a tad dark after a night on the beers :sick: Diet also makes sense as an answer as we have nearly a foot of snow here so they're struggling to get grass and having to make do with bark and stems.

Could also be to do with fertility though, anyone got a definative answer?

an old bloke told me its a rabbit aborting the young when the weather is too cold!!!! dont no how true it is like

gary

This was also suggested to me today... ferrets are capable of reabsorbing foetuses so maybe not so daft an idea!

ATB

LD13

knowlidge is power

:doh:

yes, snow has been on the ground for around 10 days. i thaught they could be eating sloe berries because the hedges are hawthorn but they are bare, and have been for a while.

Sounds like the rabbits are struggling for food Tom. Seen it lots of times over the years, the piss starts off yellow, and gradually gets more and more orange then red the longer the snow is covering.

It may be that as some have suggested that some bunnys are in season, (Dont know whether they bleed to be honest), but from what i have seen in the past it looks like the bunny's organs are shutting down from lack of food, and you will start getting skinny rabbits as they live of any fat they have stored.

Hope the snow melts soon, the rabbits are taking a battering from it.