how can i stop my dogs water freezing up

a good dog will always be a good dog but if its fed properly and given the best of everything it can become an even better dog a good example is in the flapping game theres a few have freebies of good grade and expect them to perfornm on cheap grub same as they would having the best of everything but just watch them go downhill and down the grades then theres others feed the best of everything and their dogs improve their times no end. as bulldoug put it you dont see top athletes eating fish and chips and cakes and curries every night .

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys your right, ive just got off the phone to Joe calzahge and Lynford Christie and theyve agreed with you guys, apparantly they only eat a bit of kibble and the odd stale fish finger sandwhich.

I stand corrected. :tongue2:

uve just corrected me then. there dogs we are humans. diets for dogs, a think yous are just new to this game. if u mentioned dog diets to any old school hunter they would laugh in your face. a man a know races greyhounds and his dogs do realy well and a asked him what a should feed my lurcher he says dry food with brown bread and hot water. so he gets me ma bags of food from the race track and he gets it for his dog aswell. he doesnt have any dogs on diets and there top racing dogs. what happened years ago when hunters couldnt afford dog meat. a bet they skrimped and scraped anythin they could get to give to there dogs so dont give us your pish about dogs being good or bad on what they eat. if u have a good dog its because u have put your time in to training it and been out working it to give it expierence

dry food with bread with added hot water daily large bowl, whatever left over in the house, few rabbits here and there. thats what ma dogs get and they will give me a 100% everytime they go out

It must be all the nutrients in the hot water or somthing, maybe thats why wild dogs drink out of flasks.

What ya reckon kid?

Sorry guys your right, ive just got off the phone to Joe calzahge and Lynford Christie and theyve agreed with you guys, apparantly they only eat a bit of kibble and the odd stale fish finger sandwhich.

uve just corrected me then. there dogs we are humans. diets for dogs, a think yous are just new to this game. if u mentioned dog diets to any old school hunter they would laugh in your face. a man a know races greyhounds and his dogs do realy well and a asked him what a should feed my lurcher he says dry food with brown bread and hot water. so he gets me ma bags of food from the race track and he gets it for his dog aswell. he doesnt have any dogs on diets and there top racing dogs. what happened years ago when hunters couldnt afford dog meat. a bet they skrimped and scraped anythin they could get to give to there dogs so dont give us your pish about dogs being good or bad on what they eat. if u have a good dog its because u have put your time in to training it and been out working it to give it expierence

hunters not being able to afford dog meat it gets better every post,hunters=raw meat and bones .stop digging yourself that hole soon you wont be able to get out of it.lol, and that food your mate gets is it gain 28 or australian formula thats quite good food but with some raw meat and bone and fish added would be better a varied diet is the way.oh yeah fed dogs for 20 yrs now, how about you?

Edited by bullmatt

If the water is froze after an hour and you cant get back to it til night time and your dogs on a kibble diet then surely at the very least the dog will be misserable????

The lad obviously feels he needs advice on a subject.

Whos blew this thread out of proportion??

Any way, it could be worse my Guiness could be freezing :drink:

thats te best way to drink it mate :drink: :drink:

:feck:

so your saying that bringing a pup up on bread . hot water and scrapes is the way to go ??? not to bring it up on a better quality food as it wont make a diff to how the pup grows :hmm: ..... i know what i will bring mine up on anyway

hunters not being able to afford dog meat it gets better every post,hunters=raw meat and bones .stop digging yourself that hole soon you wont be able to get out of it.lol, and that food your mate gets is it gain 28 or australian formula thats quite good food but with some raw meat and bone and fish added would be better a varied diet is the way.oh yeah fed dogs for 20 yrs now, how about you?

I dont think poachanegg was born then Bullmat :clapper:

If the water is froze after an hour and you cant get back to it til night time and your dogs on a kibble diet then surely at the very least the dog will be misserable????

The lad obviously feels he needs advice on a subject.

Whos blew this thread out of proportion??

Any way, it could be worse my Guiness could be freezing :drink:

thats te best way to drink it mate :drink: :drink:

Almost freezing :drink: just almost lol

:feck:

so your saying that bringing a pup up on bread . hot water and scrapes is the way to go ??? not to bring it up on a better quality food as it wont make a diff to how the pup grows :hmm: ..... i know what i will bring mine up on anyway

I imagine were talking to a young boy who has fook all to say but cant help saying it to loudly.

what happens if they dont. your better digging yourself a hole to put all the shite in it ur talking. ma family have fed our working dogs that way for over 30 years and never had a problem. and its not bred and scraped. it good quality dry food with bread with hot water added. that method is used by everyman a know with working dogs. its people on this site thats just new to the game. yous are needing to go out a do a bit with your dog instead of going down the supermarket shopping for your dogs lol

Edited by poacherman

youve got a 30 year old working dog ?

cut the shit boy cus your chatting alot of it

wheres the shite. any normal hunting man from a good hunting back ground will agree with me. fact not fiction. so keep your comments to yourself u mad rabbit tourmenter lolol :laugh:

bullmatt, on 08 January 2010 - 12:58 PM, said:

if you cant teach a dog the basics go to a gun dog or general obediance training class(i prefer the gun dog trainers) ,it may cost a few quid and some of your time but all worth it in the end,it sounds as though you need someone to show you how to teach basics this will stick with you through your whole life, maybe a bullx is not the right dog for you,as for having to shout at your dog at night in the field and this working ,keep it up eventually you wont be shouting anymore,so my point is scaring some quarry this season and getting your dog coming back aint such a bad thing ,this is a young dog and there are plenty more seasons ahead,try not to use the shock collar eh.

if this is the post your on about silly boy then give it a good read but i take it reading and writing are not your best qualitys(along with dog nutrition) :wallbash: it reads i prefer gun dog trainers ,i.e if i was to use one it would be a gun dog trainer,were does it say i use a gun dog trainer? no were :wallbash: you really are an uneducated foolish boy.bet your mums proud, oh yeh i can see loads of proper dog men coming to defend you and your views ,lol

what was your advice get a whippy stick you really are priceless.

you still havent answered my question how long have YOU fed dogs. :hmm: