meindl v lowa

I was going to buy the Meindl Dovre Extreme GTX but wanting to go for something considered the best I went for Hanwag Trapper GTXGTX!! Apparently made about 10 miles down the road from Meindl. Very similar although the Hanwags have bearings in the lower lace hooks to give a great fit and a higher toe guard - http://www.raygillcl...rod=1787&xSec=8

Really happy with mine, extremely comfortable straight out the box!!!

Andy

They are neigh on identical to the Lowa Hunter GTX, both good boots regardless...

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

A good pair of boots is probably one of the most important pieces of kit you can have, but with so many on offer it can be hard to make the right decision.The Hunter GTX is a hearty boot perfect for big-game hunters around the world.It provides excellent ankle support for climbing steep hillsides and traversing rugged terrain.

hi guys ive jus orderd a pair of lowa combat and cant wait to get them been dying to get a pair of high ties and jus now i have the money

so 5 to 7 days i need to wait but im so looking forward to them. im use to le chemeau wellies which were excellent. my mates got meindls

and cant fault them but with a little research lowas are just as good if not better so will let you guys know what i think of them

cheers sean

I have versions of both.

I have the Meindl Dovre Extreme's and cannot fault them for hunting, just superb. I also have Lowa Mountain GTX's which are also brilliant boots.

There is a slight difference between them, that I find the Lowas a little more padded than the Meindls but its something and nothing.

Either of these brands will be more than satisfactory IMO.

Hi all,

I have had a pair of Mendil for the last 2 years and use them on a daily basis over here in Iraq. They fit like a pair of slippers.

Great Forum By the Way

where are you in iraq? are you army or psd?

good bit of info because i was going to get some meindl but now im going to get the lowa instead.....is it true the lowa can be resouled?

I have Meindl's and can't fault them. And I've just had a pair resoled, they wanted £40 but they were only 11 months old so they did it for nowt. The soles weren't worn out but made a noise so they replaced them and renewed the inole and laces free of charge.

They are a great fit and would recomend them.

edited to say, for all you homosexuals out there, the Meindl range are better looking, almost definatly

Edited by leegreen