pet magpie

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just wondered if anyone else had a magpie,jackdaw or something like as a kid.

i new my old man had a jackdaw as a youngster so pretty much badgered him stupid to let me have a magpie,why i dont know but as a kid if you want it you want it lol

had it for about 5 years until it started getting a bit wild and eventually one day it was gone,remember it used to sleep on bedroom window sill, and mob any other bird that came near the house dug out a couple photos from 1978,f**k me i feel old.

040-1.jpgmmmm check out the cardigan :clapper:

038.jpgcant remember if thats my old tomohawk or chopper on the back wall,but hey good days as a kid :thumbs:

Mother had a pet jay as a child. Used to fly free and wait for her at school.

I always have a magpie year in year out ready for nesting/larsen time.

just wondered if anyone else had a magpie,jackdaw or something like as a kid.

i new my old man had a jackdaw as a youngster so pretty much badgered him stupid to let me have a magpie,why i dont know but as a kid if you want it you want it lol

had it for about 5 years until it started getting a bit wild and eventually one day it was gone,remember it used to sleep on bedroom window sill, and mob any other bird that came near the house dug out a couple photos from 1978,f**k me i feel old.

040-1.jpgmmmm check out the cardigan :clapper:

038.jpgcant remember if thats my old tomohawk or chopper on the back wall,but hey good days as a kid :thumbs:

Mother had a pet jay as a child. Used to fly free and wait for her at school.

I always have a magpie year in year out ready for nesting/larsen time.

my little lad with jack who he found on the floor with no feathers.he reared him and had him for 6 months until he got poisioned.little fella was gutted but they had a great time whilst it lasted.post-589-126255092473_thumb.jpgpost-589-126255097948_thumb.jpg

could you have 1 now?? i mean is it against any law??

or is it that you hav'nt got it caged so it could go if it wanted to ?

top pic's fellas

not sure about that one mate,sit tight a while sure someone will know the definitive answer,remember back then i removed it from a nest,prob not the done thing but hey

top pic's fellas

Probably is against the law now, probably was then as well but people had more important things to worry about than a lad with a bird, RSPCA would no doubt sieze it now.

top pic's fellas

Probably is against the law now, probably was then as well but people had more important things to worry about than a lad with a bird, RSPCA would no doubt sieze it now.

well they are classed as vermin

post-589-126255264082_thumb.jpgthe one my little lad raised was free to go whenever it wanted.it lived in the kennel with the terriers and could go in and out when it liked.when it ate out of their feed bowls they moved out of the way for it.will be getting another this spring for him because it was so good to see .