choice of two boots

im after some allround boots have to be 100% waterproof will be used for lamping beating and general ratching around ive read a few topics on here and ive seen some lowa combat gtx for £140 or meindl burma pro mfs for £110 if im spending this much i want a good boot what will last and keep my feet dry anyone any advise on these boots or which one would best suit me thanks

LOWA's are great if you want to spend the money, lowa "seekers" are fully waterproof and last ages, ive had mine for 5 years now and they even survived a tour in Afghanistan. The lowa "mountain" ones are heavier and probly even sturdier.

i dont rate mendels at all, we had them issued for the summer in Afghan and the stitching didnt hold very well and was placed so we all had blisters on our ankles after a few miles - not sure what model they were tho... they are out in the shead held together by superglue.

LOWA's are great if you want to spend the money, lowa "seekers" are fully waterproof and last ages, ive had mine for 5 years now and they even survived a tour in Afghanistan. The lowa "mountain" ones are heavier and probly even sturdier.

i dont rate mendels at all, we had them issued for the summer in Afghan and the stitching didnt hold very well and was placed so we all had blisters on our ankles after a few miles - not sure what model they were tho... they are out in the shead held together by superglue.

do the seekers do ok with heavy use ive found them on ebay for £90

do the seekers do ok with heavy use ive found them on ebay for £90

Mine have, still using them now, and they are almost as light as trainers, i havent tried the other models but id guess the heavier mountain ones would be even sturdier.

my next choice would be a pair of Altbergs - when they wear down you can send them back to the factory get re-soled. :boogie: