Lurchers with flat feet

hello, my mates dog "buster" is a saluki bull grey he has got a flat foot after running through some ground where the travellers were staying and slicing his tendons on glass!!! heres a pic to show the severity

normal foot

DSC00278.jpg

flat foot

DSC00277.jpg

to say my mate was gutted is an understatement!!!! anyhow i think it was 12 vets trips and 3 operations later they managed to stich it together he cannot run full out anymore and is laid up after a few runs on bunnies but its better then not being able to run at all. he is semi retired now and if my mate finds the right bitch he will use him as a stud dog as he has been such a great dog.

have a good new year all the best...daks :)

they say its because they have never been off concrete but its more like a old wifes tale.if your dog has it as a pup [3-4mths] give it a bit of road work but if you buy an adult dog with it it will never go no matter how much road work it gets atb

they say its because they have never been off concrete but its more like a old wifes tale.if your dog has it as a pup [3-4mths] give it a bit of road work but if you buy an adult dog with it it will never go no matter how much road work it gets atb

how old would you class a adult dog i have a 16 mnth bitch with a little bit of flat foot its nothing bad just wouldnt mind tightening them up a little ps i dont do much road walking so if i start now will it help?

i was told walking on rough gravel type ground tightens feet but dont know how true it is my dogs had tight feet as pups and still have any pups ive seen with flat feet always seem to have them, id say buy one with tight feet and you will be sorted but if your dogs with flat feet have no problems it dont matter really