Stalking in Cumbria

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what the deer situation is like in cumbria? I'm moving down in the new year to a place near Brampton and have no idea what the deer situation is like around that area? Leaving behind 1,000 acres of roe stalking in Scotland so hoping there will be a few around! Any info would be great. Cheers.

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what the deer situation is like in cumbria? I'm moving down in the new year to a place near Brampton and have no idea what the deer situation is like around that area? Leaving behind 1,000 acres of roe stalking in Scotland so hoping there will be a few around! Any info would be great. Cheers.

Hi Ross could you tell me is the ground you on at the moment is it rented from private owner? or forestry? could be interested if its available?

Is there reds near brampton do you know? I'm working on a 1500 acre farm, just wondering what the likelihood of deer being there would be? Its fringed with forestry as well.

No reds near brampton. Plenty Roe kicking around but its a bit hard to get permission for anything round there.

Hi Ross could you tell me is the ground you on at the moment is it rented from private owner? or forestry? could be interested if its available?

I take it i am getting a blank :whistling: Ross :yes:

Edited by black lab

Hi sorry thought I'd pm'd. I'm afraid it's just over the family farm so dad or brother will probably step in and take care of the deer, I'll give you a shout if they aren't up to it!

No bother mate, got the DSC level 1&2 and Insurance ect, thought it might have been Forestry or Tilhills ground, your's Wullie.

Black Lab

I might know of a bit of ground available near LochLomond if thats near where you shoot. Red, Roe and some Sika. Its about 3,000 acres. Have you got experience in deer management. Its quite hilly but there are tracks all over the ground so you can get the deer out ok. But you will still need to be quite fit. Lots of bits of new plantings so the deer will have to be kept in check. The owner is an ardent Celtic man so it will help if you are a Celtic man yourself. He won't be looking for money but you will need to do your bit to get the deer numbers down by quite a lot. The last bloke who was there two years ago left because he couldn't hack it and there has been nobody there since. There is a serious amount of deer needing thinned out as his new trees are getting a hammering just now. I was up there a couple of months ago and we saw a big herd of Reds and dozens of Roes running around but I didn't see any Sitka so I can't say if they are there. He'll probably help you out with petrol and bullet costs. There is quite a nice larder there as well. Let me know if you are interested and I will give him your details.

Cheers

Duncan

Black Lab

I might know of a bit of ground available near LochLomond if thats near where you shoot. Red, Roe and some Sika. Its about 3,000 acres. Have you got experience in deer management. Its quite hilly but there are tracks all over the ground so you can get the deer out ok. But you will still need to be quite fit. Lots of bits of new plantings so the deer will have to be kept in check. The owner is an ardent Celtic man so it will help if you are a Celtic man yourself. He won't be looking for money but you will need to do your bit to get the deer numbers down by quite a lot. The last bloke who was there two years ago left because he couldn't hack it and there has been nobody there since. There is a serious amount of deer needing thinned out as his new trees are getting a hammering just now. I was up there a couple of months ago and we saw a big herd of Reds and dozens of Roes running around but I didn't see any Sitka so I can't say if they are there. He'll probably help you out with petrol and bullet costs. There is quite a nice larder there as well. Let me know if you are interested and I will give him your details.

Cheers

Duncan

Cheers Duncan, i will get back to you mate, the wife is doing ma head in just going out and getting a bit of stick:boxing:

Black Lab

Cheers

Duncan

"Santa" is that you? are you bring me petrol and bullets?LOL

I expect there is atleast like fallow there (they are everywhere aren't they?)

If there is woods you will see some,I never thought there was many by my nans but she sees plenty :)

Best if you get down there before and have a good look around!