what scope?

Be very careful with ebay, fellas...

Yes, there are the odd bargain's to be had but there's also a hell of a lot of crap copies and seconds too.

As to the lads who've had good stuff, please PM the seller's details to those interested. I've been stung 3 times on ebay with scopes (doh!! dick-head!!) and you can't tell what the hell you've bought 'till you've TRIED!! to set it up on your gun.

Good luck!

Cheers.

Edit to say... I've had good dealings with JSR in the past and can't fault the products or service I've had.

Edited by andyfr1968

i agree with andy

jsr are extremely good for the money.......finish isnt the best, but the glass is as good as scopes costing 2-3 times more.

also....dont skimp on mounts, you will be better going for the one piece doweled type, you will only have problems with scope "creep" with cheap mounts on your springer.

( the dowel, pins the scope to the scope rail, and prevents it from moving backwards due to the recoil of the rifle)

i use richter optik scopes on my guns i find them excellent, certainly worth a look.

cheers

sean

i personally wouldnt get anything too amazing as i dont see the point when fitting to an air rifle you can get plenty decent enough ones for around £50 second hand. ive got a few kicking about off the top of my head a webley platinum ?-?x50 cant remember zoom but its a lot, tasco 4x32 was on my bsa supersport for years great little scope, a leupold mk4 ?-?x40 which i think is a copy if i remember right although it looks very very convincing if anyone knows how to tell itd be appreciate and a bsa sweet 17 which is more a rifle scope i think i bought it to put on an air rifle and decided not to. but any of thoughs youre welcome to have for a bit of dosh too if you like. good luck whatever you do mate :thumbs:

Have to agree with farmboy on this subject.

No point having expensive stuff on a 12ft lb air rifle. At the end of the day most shots are taken under 40 yds. I use a 4 x 40 scope day and night and dont have much problem. Mil dots can be an advantage as could a 50 out at night to get more light.

Cant see the point of illuminated relicle either!

I will stick with what I have until me eyes get real bad :whistling:

Edited by masmiffy

I have a Bushnell trophy it was about 70 quid i think. I zeroed it in on my Weihrauch a year ago and its never needed adjusting since. One other thing, buy good scope mounts or your scope is useless. Mine are sports match, around 30 quid and well worth it. One peice mounts are better for spring powered rifles. An arrestor block is also useful if your scope mount doesn't have a built in stop pin.

Hi Zak has your Tasco arrived yet pal?

I was just wandering how you are getting on with it?

I love mine to bits and have used it this afternoon quite effectively on some feather.

I was going to upgrade to a expensive scope after Christmas but on second thoughts have changed my mind as the Tasco can’t be faulted for what it has done for me so I would be only wasting money.

I’m going to buy a really good video camera instead and microphone to continue to make my DVD’s.

As Marksman says when the scope comes don’t forget to pack the rear mount. I like to use about 2 to 3 pieces of 35mm camera negatives cut to the size of the rear mount.

My Tasco has never let me down and only looses zero if I drop my rifle in the boot of my car. They are rock steady scopes and zero to precision every time.

For anyone who is interested in a Tasco here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TASCO-R-G-illuminated-6-24x50-AOE-rifle-gun-scope-new_W0QQitemZ250466472786QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_SportingGoods_OtherSports?hash=item3a50f71352

Zini