SILVER FERRETS

i bought these tonight one hob and one jill twelve weeks old i think there a smallish type of ferret. so hopefully they will work well for me this coming season, along with my other ferrets. i wasnt even after any more but i couldnt resist them with that colour, ive got the room so what the hell ;)

SILVERS.jpg

Edited by ferreterno1

ive got a sandy shes probably the best one of the lot ive had her from 7 weeks the first time i took her out at 6 months she bolted 10 rabbits single handed i new from that day she was special and its been like that ever since. rabbit after rabbit with her.

ive never had blak eyed whites but i wouldnt mind if i could get my hands on them ;)

here is a picture of her not a very good one mined pictured with her sister, when i work them together there unstoppable ive taken loads of rabbits with these double figure bags with these two ferrets very often.

Image000.jpg

Edited by ferreterno1
All the silvers I bought have turned in to black eyed whites after their first season.

Yes silvers do lose the heavy colouring after a while, but they always (or very nearly always) retain some colouration in their fur. From what I'd gathered (as I said I've never owned one) BEWs were pure snow white with black eyes, from day one. Albinos with black eyes basically.

Happy to be proved wrong, as I said I've no experience of them personally. Only what I've heard :)

All the silvers I bought have turned in to black eyed whites after their first season.

i can believe that last year my mate bought a polecat with white feet and a white bib under his chin just like a silver mitt, this year he molted out to be a silver mitt weird or what. :blink:

edidited to add ive just spoken to someone that has the sister to my mates polecat with exactly the same markings and shes also a silver colour now as well. ferrets can be stange at times

Edited by ferreterno1

cracking looking ferrets guys i managed to get some silvers this year of

my own i bred an albino jill and a silvered tailed hob [smallest jill ive seen or owned]

and the result was a hob and jill textbook polecats a hob and jill textbook sivers

and an albino hob il try to get pics up of them its the most assorted litter ive had

the other litter was a polecat jill crossed with the same hob and i got 4 pure silvers 3 pure polecats

and 1 sandy jill but i must agree the silver ferret is a good looker and ive never found them

to be beaten at work

i personally prefer the lighter coloured ones, no reason really other then i like the look of them more

i have a sable male, he came from a chocolate hob to a albino jill. The sable is not entirely marked like the poleys i see here, much lighter in the face and overall coat

i have two others, which they guy called sable, but going by what you guys call a silver, that is what they are. I had a silvermitt , but she was mostly white with black tips on her back, and some black on her neck, really white feet, but after the first year she lost the whiteness of her feet.

they are some good looking ferrets you have there, good luck with them

Guest Ditch_Shitter
i couldnt resist them with that colour, ive got the room so what the hell ;)

:icon_redface: Alright. Hands up. I figured out straight away what this thread might be about and came in here ready to slate ye rotten with sarcastic comments like; " And do ye suppose their colour will make them work any better?! " ( :drink::yes: ) But that statement melted me straight away!

Fair play to ye, mate. 'Fact I must admit, now I stop to think about it; I was once asked to rehome a jill. I ran a ferreters club at the time so grudgingly and miserably agreed to it. But when I saw the colour on this thing? I f***ing near ripped her head off snatching her out of the guys hand! She was normal 'polecat' colour; Only the tan fur was silver! :icon_eek: To F***ing Die For!

Bugger moulted out into a normal 'poley' :rolleyes: Gutted!

Very nice mate. I must admit to a soft spot for silvers, after my first hob. Got a poley and an albino now, but... LOL

Only thing I've never had is a sandy and a bew. Maybe one day :D

Best of luck with them.

Did you see the colour of your kits father? He was a dark silver and now he's yellow/orange with a few dark tip to his fur :blink:, my silver jill turned into a bew too.

Your present kits are half brother and sister to your first silver hob i think mate.

I personally prefer the silvers to anything, lighter the better but i have always fancied a bew or two. Managed to breed the silver colour out of my strain at the mo but i think if i throw a silver or albino into the mix they will come back.

Gnipper

There proberly the nicest looking ferrets ive seen, i just love silvers.

I got my first pair of silver mitts this year after a few years of looking. :yahoo:

Very nice :D

hunterworld005.jpg

Could the colours on these change as they get older?

Edited by Neil
Guest GB HUNTER

I have a 5 month hob was a light poley but now got lots of silver coming through, Tame as you like when i have him at home he gets up my trouser leg all the time comes when called very placid i even put my finger in his mouth and he is ok, He fecks about a bit when where out and its time to go , he keeps going back in the hole when i try to get him fast little bugger , me jill is spot on comes when called and is great to work with... I suppose its still to early to expect to much..