I noticed a thread on here about a dogs rubbing its hoop along the floor and a few said it was to do with the anal gland.Well my pup been doing it a while now and i know its not worms as wormed every 4 weeks and was only done a few days ago.I just wondered how much the vet charges to do this as i dont fancy sticking my fingers up his arse.And if he reacts the way my Mrs does when i try it with her im f****d!

its unlikely anal glands impacting in a young pup , but it not expensive at vet mine charged me a tenner a couple of years ago and taught me how to do it lol

the cause is a build up of toxins in the anal sacks if you have a dog that gets it regular you can drain them weekly by squeezing the opening between thumb and forfinger no need to insert,

a low protien diet helps too , scooting is not really proof of it , they usually go off food and bite base of tail till it bleeds tho do scoot as well , hope that helps

its unlikely anal glands impacting in a young pup , but it not expensive at vet mine charged me a tenner a couple of years ago and taught me how to do it lol

the cause is a build up of toxins in the anal sacks if you have a dog that gets it regular you can drain them weekly by squeezing the opening between thumb and forfinger no need to insert,

a low protien diet helps too , scooting is not really proof of it , they usually go off food and bite base of tail till it bleeds tho do scoot as well , hope that helps

I've not noticed biting as a symptom, certainly obsesive licking of the ring. And usually accompanied by really bad breath and a distinctly fish like odour :sick:

Anal glands can also be blocked by foriegn objects, No not pervy frenchmen ;) . bits of sticks, bone etc have all been found when emptying glands. Often a poor/ predominently soft food diet doesn't help :hmm:

Regards

LD13

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Mate, Grooming parlours will do this aswell, thats how i learned, working in a kennels as a kid, you don't have to do it internally, i do it externally, they should be able to show you.

Best of luck, with the dog and the wife :icon_eek:

Well someone described how to do it but couldnt see thread when flicked through.I might pop him to the greyhound therapy centre in morning see if groomer can do it.And as for Mrs just been to Tesco for a few Stellas so fingers crossed :boogie:

I've not noticed biting as a symptom, certainly obsesive licking of the ring. And usually accompanied by really bad breath and a distinctly fish like odour :sick:

Anal glands can also be blocked by foriegn objects, No not pervy frenchmen ;) . bits of sticks, bone etc have all been found when emptying glands. Often a poor/ predominently soft food diet doesn't help :hmm:

Regards

LD13

Well he forever stripping sticks in the Garden and also both dogs are mostly fed on Chicken with bones etc so your prob right ld13.Cheers for advice lads but i think ill leave for someone else to do as i dont fancy some arse juice squirted in my mush

I just wondered how much the vet charges to do this as i dont fancy sticking my fingers up his arse.And if he reacts the way my Mrs does when i try it with her im f****d!

:clapper::clapper::clapper: fcuking classic :clapper::clapper:

but dont know how much it would cost sorry

I noticed a thread on here about a dogs rubbing its hoop along the floor and a few said it was to do with the anal gland.Well my pup been doing it a while now and i know its not worms as wormed every 4 weeks and was only done a few days ago.I just wondered how much the vet charges to do this as i dont fancy sticking my fingers up his arse.And if he reacts the way my Mrs does when i try it with her im f****d!

what wormer do you use?