whippetxgrayhounds

Being new to the game can anyone tell me, whats the difference between a ped and non ped whippet?? Got to ask questions if i want to learn!

Cheers Guys

D

DIFFERNCE BETWEEN THEM IS THAT A NON PEDIGREE DOGS USUALY HAVE SOME GREYHOUND BLOOD IN THEM & ARE RUN UNDER THE BRITISH WHIPPET RACING ASSOCIATION & ARE RAN IN CATEGORIES ACCORDING 2 THEIR WEIGHT.MUCH THE SAME PRINCIPLE AS BOXING. IVE SEEN DOGS UP 2 23/24INCH AT SUCH MEETINGS.WHEREAS PEDIGREE WHIPPET CLUB RULES ARE RAN UNDER A 20 INCH HEIGHT LIMIT. DONT HAVE MUCH EXPERIENCE OF PEDIGREE WHIPPETS BUT THIS TOPIC DEALS WITH NON PEDIGREE OR HARDBLOODS AS THEY ARE KNOWN. SEEN SOME VERY DECENT ANIMALS FROM SUCH BREEDING WITH A LOT OF FIRE. HOWEVER THEIR COATS AINT REALLY MADE 2 HANDLE INCLEMENT WEATHER & THEIR SKIN TENDS 2 BE THIN & TEARS EASY.ALSO THEIR CONSTITUTION/FEET ETC AINT REALLY DESIGNED 2 TAKE A LOT OF PUNISHMENT. THINK IT DEPENDS ON UR EXPECTATIONS & THE AMOUNT OF RUNNING U HAVE 2 GIVE UR DOG?

• Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DDIFFERNCE BETWEEN THEM IS THAT A NON PEDIGREE DOGS USUALY HAVE SOME GREYHOUND BLOOD IN THEM & ARE RUN UNDER THE BRITISH WHIPPET RACING ASSOCIATION & ARE RAN IN CATEGORIES ACCORDING 2 THEIR WE

GOOD DOGS & WHEN MATURE ITS NOT ALWAYS RABBITS THEY ARE UP 4, PERSONALLY I USE THEM AS A BASELINE 2 ADD A BIT OF SALUKI. HELPS A BIT WITH FEET & STAMINA BUT NOT THE COAT. CAN BE A LOT OF DOG I

GOOD DOGS & WHEN MATURE ITS NOT ALWAYS RABBITS THEY ARE UP 4, PERSONALLY I USE THEM AS A BASELINE 2 ADD A BIT OF SALUKI. HELPS A BIT WITH FEET & STAMINA BUT NOT THE COAT. CAN BE A LOT OF DOG I

Posted Images

see the thing is when i talk to my old man,,,,he says if u want a whippet cross to take all game in scotland,,hare roe foxes rabbits,,,,,

he would go for a scratch dog b,w,r,a,,,,or a big ped x grey,,,,and ull be safe dog,,, will do all

there is the stamia issue between ped and non ped,,,,,,but if a non ped train for just stamia,,ull be suprised,,,my neibour as one,,,and ive never seen her lose breath,,,and ive went out lamping a few times with him,,,,,and i swear,this non ped works like demon never switches off,,,make my non peds look unfitt,,lol

but he,s out every night,,,his non ped used too the work load,,and handles it well,,, :thumbs:

u read my mind lol

cos there is a stamia,,issue with no ped,s and there coats for weather

if there was sulkie blood added to table then that would be over looked lol

iam not having a go at ped,s guys,,,as they do have the biggest hearts,,,,and working ones have both,,good coats,,,and i repect them very much :thumbs:

but ive had hard blood hit wall,s and tree,s and came off fine ,,,but a ped would not,,,but feet ped,s are maybe best,,i,e dont run as fast

but when it comes down to money,,,as its very important this year more than rest,,,,,a non ped 1st cross greyhound will cost less than,,,,a working 1st gross,,,,,,,,but its 60% down to ur training,,not dog,s breeding,,,,,ur the one that passes the experance on to the dog.s ,,not the other way about,,,most old hunter,s on here will tell u that,,!!!!!

now nonped,s will introuduce fresh blood,,,,,,in the 80,s counrty music was used alot in the lurcher game,,he was a non ped,,,why???? bet there,s his breeding still running threw lurcher,s 2day for one reason,,,,gameness,,,and doing there job well,,,,

whippet crosses are crosses at end off day,,,,it,s how U train them that makes the biggest diffrance

• 2 months later...

here's sum photo's of berty this dog will catch long ear's all day and bigger stuff with no problemfrank245.jpg,frank221.jpgphpFEwm3T_c1AM.jpg,sorry these pictures aren't bigger if anyone can help me feel free,berty has fathered sum great litter's of pups atb...these photo's are preban of course

:thumbs:

GOOD DOGS & WHEN MATURE ITS NOT ALWAYS RABBITS THEY ARE UP 4, PERSONALLY I USE THEM AS A BASELINE 2 ADD A BIT OF SALUKI. HELPS A BIT WITH FEET & STAMINA BUT NOT THE COAT. CAN BE A LOT OF DOG IN A SMALL PACKAGE.
  • Like 1

here's sum photo's of berty this dog will catch long ear's all day and bigger stuff with no problemfrank245.jpg,frank221.jpgphpFEwm3T_c1AM.jpg,sorry these pictures aren't bigger if anyone can help me feel free,berty has fathered sum great litter's of pups atb...these photo's are preban of course

:thumbs:

GOOD DOGS & WHEN MATURE ITS NOT ALWAYS RABBITS THEY ARE UP 4, PERSONALLY I USE THEM AS A BASELINE 2 ADD A BIT OF SALUKI. HELPS A BIT WITH FEET & STAMINA BUT NOT THE COAT. CAN BE A LOT OF DOG IN A SMALL PACKAGE.
  • Like 1