lakeland

hello

i have young lakeland bitch that is 8 months old thats already showing interest in starting to work but im holding her back due to the young age.im not used to them starting that young,should i keep her back for another 6 months or should i let her see .worried it might spoil her

i always wait until the dog has matured sometimes until its 18months old no matter how keen it is ,if its bred right there should normally be little chance of failure ,to many dogs in my opion are wasted due to there owners not waiting i.e.would you put a kid in the ring with mike tyson atb

Did you ever help at a gundog scurry at Scone? :whistling:

i always wait until the dog has matured sometimes until its 18months old no matter how keen it is ,if its bred right there should normally be little chance of failure ,to many dogs in my opion are wasted due to there owners not waiting i.e.would you put a kid in the ring with mike tyson atb

Did you ever help at a gundog scurry at Scone? :whistling:

aye a did work once at a scurry at scone for the scottish working dog/terrier club a think it was called

if she wants to go let her if she thinks she,s ready then she probley is you,ll sharp know once she,s on the sticky end we,ve had them start before at 8 months old but on that note some time,s early starter early finisher im not saying they all go the same way but it,s your choice she,s your bitch atb chris

id be working the dog on rat now , ive just started my 14 month old lakie bitch and shes been mad for it from about 7 months but at that age its rats only , shes started well 2 digs so far and the future looks bright , slow and steady mate it pays in the end

Guest eastmids

if she wants to go let her if she thinks she,s ready then she probley is you,ll sharp know once she,s on the sticky end we,ve had them start before at 8 months old but on that note some time,s early starter early finisher im not saying they all go the same way but it,s your choice she,s your bitch atb chris

with respect its 8 month old id ignore the above advice rosco and wait.

youve got to think for the dog it could be a head banger look every bit the finished article 8 ,9 10 month old phisicaly and not be further from being ready mentally.

so dont let it fool you chances are at 8 month old you,ll see a different bitch mentally if you wait until next season , she,ll be twice that age and still a youngun and if it dont work out you can say you give it every chance.

so when do you guys think these pairs of foxes shall be shagging

think they start around the end of december

ive only ever seen them mating in the 2nd to the 4th week in january thats up here in scotland,i once read they have a gestation period of around 59 days which would be about right for cubs to be born in march/april time,but i suppose theres always exception to the rule,i also thought they started to pair up in the end of november atb