bedlington help

Guest blueboy

Patience mate that is the key he is still very young give him time let him be a pup dont rush or push him as this may put him off more!let him do it in his own time with encouragement! all dogs go at diffrent speeds just because someone eles beddy worked at a certain age dosent mean yours should hes his own dog and will start at his own pace :) good luck let us know his progress :)

ive got 2 beddys both of them are diffrent take you time with him do you anybody that work their dogs to cover that give you a little help . what line is he

all the best W.D

the sire is Tokard the dam is Shellion, if that means anything to anyone but the little lads not well tonight has the runs and bought his dinner up.So its off to the vets if theres not a big improvement tomorrow.

my mates wifes got a beddlington and he has started to take an interest in it

only recently the dog is just over a year and is now chasing rabbits .

same thing though the dog gives the impression of being a bit

timid ,probably a bit of persistance and patience mate would be

the best thing ;)

my mates wifes got a beddlington and he has started to take an interest in it

only recently the dog is just over a year and is now chasing rabbits .

same thing though the dog gives the impression of being a bit

timid ,probably a bit of persistance and patience mate would be

the best thing ;)

aye and since tonight ive got a even bigger intrest in it :11: she had a rabbit by the arss tonight and she is starting to learn the lamp , the wife gave the dog a bath tonight and i came home with the dog all coverd in sticky willows and bits of sticks not to say i got a row for that :unsure: never mind when i told the wife that her wee spoild bich had a rabbit by the arrs the mood changed and her reply was (SEE SHES NOT A RETARD) :whistle: enyway ime looking forward to tomorow night i hope theres a wee bit more wind than there was tonight ! ime honestly starting to like this wee beddie bich now and since i havent got a dog to run this year ile spend a lot more time with this wee bich , she is a timid wee thing and when i rase my voice she kinda cowers its embaresing when theres others waching this as for i get parra that folk are thinking i kick f**k outa the dog or sumthing , i think with these wee dogs you have to be gentil and think before you act and give them time and encouragement , this wee dog of my wifes wont let me go out the house as for shes always two steps behind me wanting to go with me , and this has only started since i started takeing her out for a lamp , dont get me wrong i used to take the dog out for walks down the beach and for a wee walk round the streets but she hasnt been so clingy to me until i started taking her out lamping , :thumbs-up:

hi mate i ve got bedlingtons and they start pretty soon, at 4 months killed their first rat, at 7 months he makes his first wild pig on a group hunting, at 9 months cought and killed his first adult half wild cat at 23month killed his first fox under ground, it does not matter if its dog or bitch i d say if y work with dog they quite soon starters.

Hello folks i have a bedlington dog who's 13 month old, as to yet he's showing no signs of being (terrier like) can anyone tell me at what age he could change, He was bred from a strain that works to the gun, my vet has seen the parents work and says the're very good.He picks up very well around the garden and has an excellent nose, but take him away from his home surroundings and he becomes a bit of a wimp, show him a twig and he'll have to walk round it, if a rabbit bolts in front of him he just ignores it, but drag a rabbit skin round the garden and he goes crackers. any advice welcome...mick

I read that Brian Nuttall once had a Fell that didnt show any signs of being (Terrier like) until it was 18 months old then it turned out to be great. Maybe your Bedlington dog may just change too?

In order to be old and wise, first you must be young and stupid.

:hmm:

Dont worry Bullet, mine is 12 months and have the same problem. Its an absolute proved working strain, and he give a damn about quarry, just cat's.

Last saturday we had a boar test, he's running after them, but dont understand what the meaning of all this is :icon_redface: After that we put him in an artificial fox den, :rolleyes: nothing. (wiglle his tail and want to get out of there)

Had more like that in my life, one day -out of nowhere- they start hunting and killing as they never did something else. Dont give up mate, they are mature before you now it.