better outdoors?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

talking to a chap the other day, swears on kennelling his dogs outdoors, says it makes better dogs. My dogs have always lived indoors, do you think it makes a big difference? :hmm:

I've kept dogs inside and out and it doesn't make any difference. As long as you feed em well and give plenty of contact and exercise. Doesn't matter where they spend the rest of the time.

talking to a chap the other day, swears on kennelling his dogs outdoors, says it makes better dogs. My dogs have always lived indoors, do you think it makes a big difference? :hmm:
I've kept dogs inside and out and it doesn't make any difference. As long as you feed em well and give plenty of contact and exercise. Doesn't matter where they spend the rest of the time.
spot on bud.

Every one has there own opinions mate but a think alot of people will agree with me here, it dosent matter weather its in or owt aslong as you have a nice sound pen and there out walked often enough you cant really go wrong.

Luke.

no out side in the elements makes a harder dog to my mind

thats a load o bollox mate it makes no difference at all,i keep mine indoors but thats my choice it stops you worrying about em being nicked and after a good nights lamping you'l notice any injuries or ailments quicker jmo :thumbs:

Edited by craigyboy

no out side in the elements makes a harder dog to my mind

What do you mean "outside in the elements" ???? Any kennel should be waterproof, draught free and damp free ! As for the origional question; I have three dogs, one inside the house and two in kennels, and in my opinion it makes no difference to working ability.

Cheers.

some saluki crosses ive saw were twice the dog cause they were inside most of the time and outside some of the time ,they were more easier to train not distant like some ive saw ,were my colli type they dont mind being out , if you have got decent runs and are well situated out side with lights etc they should be fine plenty warm bedding and grub they will be fine

Do whatever suits you mate...I keep some in and some out and I honestly dont feel it make a bit of difference. If a dog has "got it" its training,consistancy and attention that will bring it out fella not were he sleeps.If he's outside in a well built run he'll be happy and if he's inside it will not affect his working abilty.

ATB