Hi, due to the the extensive and extremely infuriating business of choosing a torch to mount on my rifle, the impending possibility of me finally cracking has got to the point where I have decided to call upon the brilliance that is the THL's combined intellect.

I am not able to afford a proper designated gun-mounted lamp at the best of times, and certainly not now. So I am looking for something powerful enough to go up to fifty, sixty yards comfortably and can be mounted. I have found these torches and they seem to be good...but it's very hard to find the best as so many websites don't list lumens; either they don't list anything, or they list watts, or candlepower or lumens, non of which have a direct conversion between them!!

Trustfire TR-801 Cree Q5-WC 230-Lumen LED Flashlight

UltraFire WF-501B Cree R2-WC 250-Lumun LED Flashlight Black

Ultrafire C2 Cree P4-WC 150-Lumen LED Flashlight

Oh, and runtime doesn't matter as I'm happy to carry spare batteries on my person.

Thank you very much :)

(Oh, and if you think you recognise this, I did the same post on AGBBS :tongue2: but have only got 1 reply and I need to know before tomorrow evening, preferably)

• 2 weeks later...

Get your self to Tescos, and buy their own brand CREE LED lamp, they're magic!

Tescos don't do the 3 watt cree led any more.

They still do the 1W version. Trust me when I say buy one. even if you never use it on your gun, you'll use it as a proper torch. I have two maglites and they're comfortably in the back of the drawer where they will stay until I lose my Tesco one, and even then I'll go to Tesco to buy another one before using the Maglites!

I tried the Tesco one, thought it was great, until I got it out in the field :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Like someone said, fantastic as a normal torch, in the street, garden etc... but as a gun lamp out there in the fields they are worse than crap!!

As a gun lamp in a barn or something like that they are also great.

OTM You show the Ultrafire 270 jobbie, I got the 300 and I DO use it out in the field :thumbs: :thumbs:

I got it on the recomendation of Spike25Blue (Rob) and I have not looked back. Using the rechargeable batteries (from ebay) they are great, however the batteries dont seem to like the very cold weather we've had round here recently. But with Warmer weather, they have lasted hours at a time :thumbs:

The one I got also had both switches with it, so I could use it permanently on or with the pressure switch.

Phantom