1 ferret dead another dying

went ferreting today.....whilst i was ferreting i left my jill in the box while my other jil was working.....we had already done a few sets by this time......and the jil that i left in the box was all fidgety i thought it had just been stung by stinging nettles nd had a bit of an itch so go on working my other ferret on the set.....went back to the box after finishing the set and the ferret was literally dead....choking or something and couldnt breathe.....5 mins later was dead.....started to go home and my other jil started to do the same.....its like it cant breathe keeps opening its mouth nd rolling about on its back like its choking.....i dont really know what to do ive had a look in its mouth and cant see anything stuck in its throat anyone got any suggestions or had similar problems?

Thanks

LC

Mate had that happen last year whilst out she was stung by what we were never sure of. She was fitting and choking so we packed up and made for home.in the car on the way back she seemed to be pulling round .Anyways she never ferret again and later on died . She was seen by a vet and he said it was most likely a extreme reaction to a bee or wasp sting .

had the other jil home for a couple of hours in the house got a shoebox with a hot water bottle underneath it with hay in.....given the ferret some eggs and she seems to be getting better.....shes stopped rolling about so much a lot more calmer she wouldnt eat at first either so doing a lot better

i was going to say wasp stings they had you better take her to vet mate and find out just incase its some thing eles and you get more ferrets and back this or next year

was out 2 months ago and there was a nest in ne of the holes they only stung the pup i had she spent 3 days in vets on drip and thats a dog a ferret has no chance

long shot mate but I have seen befor were a Keeper,farmer or another pest controler has tryed gasing the rabbits without letting the appropriate people know. Ie yourself,other Ferreters whilst the weather is to dry.

With the pellets that are used today they can lay dormant in the holes for a while and with the rain we have had latley it may have dampend them & activated them.

I hope not fella and I hope she pulls through ok

ATB

long shot mate but I have seen befor were a Keeper,farmer or another pest controler has tryed gasing the rabbits without letting the appropriate people know. Ie yourself,other Ferreters whilst the weather is to dry.

With the pellets that are used today they can lay dormant in the holes for a while and with the rain we have had latley it may have dampend them & activated them.

I hope not fella and I hope she pulls through ok

ATB

exactly what it is :yes: