old ground new owners

ive been hunting one of my farms for about 16yrs with no problem at all,but recently it was bought by someone else,before the sale went through i emailed the estate agent explaining my history with the farm and they told me they would pass my details onto the new owners,i also asked the original owners to put a good word in for me,which they did.when the sale went through i wrote to the new owners a letter with all my contact details- phone number,address,and e-mail address.they kindly phoned me and give me verbal permission and said it wouldn't be granted to anyone else.i arranged a meeting to put names to faces and they canceled until the following week and they said means i was travelling for about an hour i might as well fetch the dogs and do a spot of hunting,i drafted up some permission slips for me and my mate,arranged to meet them at 7.00am so far so good.and then the night before they phoned me just to double check i was coming,they said the kettle would be warm :thumbs: and an hour later they phoned again to see if i had some sort of insurance?i said ive never bothered before and had never been asked before.therefore they said i could not enter their propety,not only because i didnt have insurance they hadnt got thier public liabilty cover arranged yet.lucky enough i have another three farms in the same area.i know i should have some sort of cover such as being a countryside alliance member,but what do you think?do you think they havent got the heart to say no and are just putting obsiticals in my way,is insurance a must means i dont use any guns just dogs and ferrets :hmm:

Check the link below:

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119753

It also covers you for working your dogs with ferret's and its only £20.00 this is a copy of the policy and it specifically covers ferreting

http://ccc3.org.uk/docs/policy.pdf

Tom :thumbs:

Edited by Foxgun Tom