gundog day

hily

Just thinking about having a walk about day on our shoot with the spanials shooting mostly rabbits want it to be a gundog day So is there any gundog people who would be willing to pay for a day shooting bunnys over thier gundog.LOCATED IN THE SCOTTISH BORDERS COST APPROX £25. .HAVE DECIDED TO MAKE IT FRI 20 NOV BUT UP TO NOW ONLY ONE LAD CAN GET THERE t.b.h. i thought it would be a good opportunity for people to shoot over their gundog anyway will keep it open untill monday.As no one could make it for friday we decided to top up the feed hoppers then have a bit play with the pups before going onto the bunnys in the afternoon as the burns were swollen and the reeds under water we moved up onto white grasses and whinney bushes to find some bunnys . Cast the dog of and she came straight back with a rabbit she'd pegged told her to leeeeeve it and she put it down and to let it run off .Cast her of again and she went into overdrive bummping out rabbits two and sometimes three at a time from the smallest of grass tusecks we put this down to the fact that a lot of the rabbit sets alone the burns banks had been washed out and the rabbits had less choice of cover anyway fired a box of cartridges and bagged 11 rabbits .My pal who had taken a different route got 8 rabbits and 2 snipe (he would'nt tell me how many cartridges he fired ) :icon_redface: Took a few pics with phone but can't get them up on here will try again later.PS as we came into Coldstream over the bridge saw that the tweed had burst its banks again don't think their will be much shooting or fishing along the banks for some time to come.atb .

Edited by hily

hi i would have done this no probs but i only just got a lab and shes only 10 weeks old now.

cant wait to get her trained up and stuff. maybe next year if your doing it again.

cheers sean

thanks for your interest hope all goes well with your lab atb