• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHY IS THE DOG ON THIS PAGE MUZZLED UP WHILE PLAYING?

He isn't always muzzled, it depends on where we are, what we're doing and with whom. He's a four-stone bull-cross with high prey-drive and is a rescue case with issues we're still overcoming (you would NOT want him near your pet cat or your ferrets, put it that way!).

He is a work in progress.

We live in an area with a lot of numpties, antis and chihuahuas on flexileads. The muzzle is to protect him as much as anything; should he make a mistake and I'm not there in time, we could be in for a lot of unwanted hassle.

He has to wear a muzzle for racing and lure coursing so as far as he's concerned, having a muzzle on means "fun" rather than the reverse; he's happy in it.

010409002.jpg

Sometimes we'll exercise with loads of other hounds and when they run together it's easy for the thinner-skinned ones to get a tear or a rip from just normal play; with vet bills being what they are, most will be muzzled.

Rubbish photo taken in pouring rain...

TrentParkDayoftheDog044.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd post this one again so that Runfor his life could acuse me of being a fraud again .

:D

So .This is my little dog jumping over a gate with a rabbit in her mouth.Nothing really outstanding about that . Most folks lurchers are capable of the same I'd guess so quite why I'd bother to fake the picture I don't really know.

Ok so the bun was slightly myxi but it was alive and yes I sharpened it up with my edit thingy but Runfor trust me it happened :thumbs:

Unfortunatly the boll*cks you accused me of has sat on this site for all to see for over a month without me noticing .Never mind though . No harm done .It's not as if you downloaded the picture without my permission is it :whistling: .Don't think my poor little bitch can forgive you though. She now has a complex about her bent tail and flat head .

Oh ok it's Christmas . If it pleases you to think differently Runny mate. I give in. If you look closely you will see the nails fixing the dog's feet to the top rail of the gate and zoom-in a bit and you'll see the elastic bands holding her nose closed around the rabbit -which is of course made of rubber :D

post-13773-126161069706_thumb.jpg

Edited by comanche