TOUGH AS TROUSERS

Guest AngelicAcid

Guest busterdog

I've had them all harkila, seeland and deertex and the only thing they had in common was they were all shit, none were water proof and none lasted more than a few weeks out digging. I also find that they make these trousers to fit to snug, which is fine if you're standing around shooting or just walking a short distance but if you're walking a fair distance then the "water proof" material usualy makes you sweat so much you might as well have wore any old trousers and as i said to snug so you can't move to much whilst you're digging or it wont be long before you're arse and bollocks are hanging out. When you consider the price of these trousers you would think that they could get there house in order. Just brought some Falkland trousers from country covers and will let you now how they get on in a few weeks.

I've had them all harkila, seeland and deertex and the only thing they had in common was they were all shit, none were water proof and none lasted more than a few weeks out digging. I also find that they make these trousers to fit to snug, which is fine if you're standing around shooting or just walking a short distance but if you're walking a fair distance then the "water proof" material usualy makes you sweat so much you might as well have wore any old trousers and as i said to snug so you can't move to much whilst you're digging or it wont be long before you're arse and bollocks are hanging out. When you consider the price of these trousers you would think that they could get there house in order. Just brought some Falkland trousers from country covers and will let you now how they get on in a few weeks.

I'm about to order the falklands trouser a mate has had a pair for a while and he rates them....

I'm about to order the falklands trouser a mate has had a pair for a while and he rates them....

Ive been using the falkland trousers for the past 4 years & found them more than adequate .

• Like 1
Guest busterdog

Chilli you must get out of you're car mate to give these trousers a real test :tongue2:. I was out on the quad today and i had my Falkland jacket on the same make as the trousers and I can truthfully say it was SHIT !!!!!. I got fu*kin soaked good and proper and i was shivering like a six week old pup, i will be on the phone tomorrow asking for a change of jacket or my money back.

Chilli you must get out of you're car mate to give these trousers a real test :tongue2:. I was out on the quad today and i had my Falkland jacket on the same make as the trousers and I can truthfully say it was SHIT !!!!!. I got fu*kin soaked good and proper and i was shivering like a six week old pup, i will be on the phone tomorrow asking for a change of jacket or my money back.

Busterdog I too have had problems with a jacket , got intouch with them & exchanged it still not too happy with the jacket . Bad design for pockets which let the water in :censored: ,but have not had any problems with the trouers :notworthy: oh & by the way youre at that age where the slightest bit of dampness & you want to go home :whistling:

I have a pair of moleskin,real heavy material and I find them superb.They dont stick to your knees like the rest of them.I was out today and was kneeling in earth and I must say my legs never got wet.I had gortex,army pants and wax cotton pants plus dozens of waterproof breathable this that and the other and the moleskin are the best of the lot and I do fair ammount of diging,ferreting, shooting and god knows what and I live in them and theyre standing the test of time.I've had a few that stood up to the mud but not the barbed wire.as soon as I get back to the midlands or welsh I'm buying 2 more pair for sure.

Guest busterdog

Busterdog I too have had problems with a jacket , got intouch with them & exchanged it still not too happy with the jacket . Bad design for pockets which let the water in :censored: ,but have not had any problems with the trouers :notworthy: oh & by the way youre at that age where the slightest bit of dampness & you want to go home :whistling:

At my age it's not unusual to get damp trousers :whistling: Thanks for the heads up on the phone call, I'll try them monday and try and tap another, i was really disappointed with them and you're bang on with the phone mines fu*ked up it was soaked.