To all the bull x owners

Staffy,,,,,, Dont be mad! like has just been said, there are better bull types out there and i thought you would know that as you have been a member of this forum for nearly 2 years.

I have a half x bull/grey which is first gen and a collie grey wippet they are kenneled together along with my two game terriers and there are no problems at all, the lurchers are dogs and the terriers are bitches, i guess it helps that they are always working as a team

You are asking for trouble kenneling 4 dogs together

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've kept bull breeds together and I know loads of other people that do without problems too. They're not unpredictable as people would have you believe. If you know your dogs and understand their behaviour then they're as safe as houses.

I don't agree that a Staffy is the wrong cross, there are good and bad in all breeds...finding a good one is key. I know some very slight Staffies with huge prey drive that I'm sure would make an excellent first cross. My brother even runs his (very slight) pure bred English Bull Terrier on the rabbits and picks them up all the time...not as good as a lurcher obviously but they can still do the job if you get the right one. You don't have to look for illegal breeds to get what you're after.

The trouble with Bull breeds is there's loads of idiots breeding them who wouldn't know a good one if it bit them on the bollocks. They all want to put their take on what constitutes a good Bully without doing the research first and therefore there's probably a hundred shit ones to every good one.

It took me more than two years to find the dog I was looking for and it was well worth the wait...I know it's not the answer you're looking for but I suggest you do the same.

They are unpredictable

I've kept bull breeds together and I know loads of other people that do without problems too. They're not unpredictable as people would have you believe. If you know your dogs and understand their behaviour then they're as safe as houses.

I don't agree that a Staffy is the wrong cross, there are good and bad in all breeds...finding a good one is key. I know some very slight Staffies with huge prey drive that I'm sure would make an excellent first cross. My brother even runs his (very slight) pure bred English Bull Terrier on the rabbits and picks them up all the time...not as good as a lurcher obviously but they can still do the job if you get the right one. You don't have to look for illegal breeds to get what you're after.

The trouble with Bull breeds is there's loads of idiots breeding them who wouldn't know a good one if it bit them on the bollocks. They all want to put their take on what constitutes a good Bully without doing the research first and therefore there's probably a hundred shit ones to every good one.

It took me more than two years to find the dog I was looking for and it was well worth the wait...I know it's not the answer you're looking for but I suggest you do the same.

They are unpredictable

I'll agree that dog agression comes with the breed but if your dogs have been bought up together, they've showed no signs of aggression and there is a clearly dominant one of the two then I don't think there's a big issue as long as you keep food and toys away from them while they're kenneled. I think there is risk with any breed, the most unpredictable dog I've seen was a Dalmation. Maybe I over stated the case saying "safe as houses" but I don't want people to think they're definately going to have problems as that's not always the case.

Staffy,,,,,, Dont be mad! like has just been said, there are better bull types out there and i thought you would know that as you have been a member of this forum for nearly 2 years.

I have a half x bull/grey which is first gen and a collie grey wippet they are kenneled together along with my two game terriers and there are no problems at all, the lurchers are dogs and the terriers are bitches, i guess it helps that they are always working as a team

You are asking for trouble kenneling 4 dogs together

Honstly mate they are fantastic together, the only time i hear anything from them is when people are close to my back garden and they gaurd it or when a cat goes past.

But there is always the fact that working dogs can be unpredictable with each other. they dont have any toys in the kennel to fight over and i watch them when it is feeding time

But there is always the fact that working dogs can be unpredictable with each other. they dont have any toys in the kennel to fight over and i watch them when it is feeding time

Any dogs kept together can be unpredictable, not just working dogs. :thumbs:

bull x are no good have not seen 1 and prop never will there only good for 1 tink and we all know what ?????? get a good breed a prop lucher

There's always 1 on these threads.. As the title says"To all bull x owners" u havent even seen a bull x so why make ur stupid comment when havent even seen 1 to know what there like..

The lad was only lookin for advice, he got some sound advice n the anti bull brigade troops in n ruins a thread.. And jack u have a point these thread are gettin done to death but there some good ones that get ruined by muppets who never seen a bull x n wudnt know 1 if it passed him in the park..

Guest robbie1
bull x are no good have not seen 1 and prop never will there only good for 1 tink and we all know what ?????? get a good breed a prop lucher

you really are a thick twat iceman so take your stupid comments and f**k off you fool

staffie or the other cross , it dosent matter as long its proven stuff.

i got 2 bitches that are 1/4 staffie 3/4 geyhound that would put a lot of the other cross to shame.

they stand about 25"ths with excellent temps aswell.

good luck!

staffie or the other cross , it dosent matter as long its proven stuff.

i got 2 bitches that are 1/4 staffie 3/4 geyhound that would put a lot of the other cross to shame.

they stand about 25"ths with excellent temps aswell.

good luck!

it sounds like you have a couple of the good ones out of that type of breeding, made good height aswell, what weight are they and any pics