New Rifle

Twist is 1:9. They're stamped .223 Rem, which to me = they're .223 Rem. I'd avoid 5.56 ammo, no need for it anyway.

Mine likes most things, from 50gr AE JHPs to handloads with a 70gr Berger and 23.5gr AA2230. Shoots very straight, just need to remember if handloading to use a fast powder otherwise you lose velocity.

Also, with your P8, you will find it more manageable by far if you convert it to the compact version, conversion stuff available from Andrew Banner, no difficulty in changing, just a new rear piece.

Looks good, certainly looks the part, nice set up, is the Rem chambered to accept 5.56 ?

The guy in the shop said it is but I havn't seen it mentioned in any reviews.

You will find it stamped and chambered .223....... I can guarantee if the manufacturer was happy for you to put 5.56 down it they would have stamped it 5.56 as well!!!

This debate has cropped up before, and there are many past references on this site to it, also search the web, you will quickly find that is in NOT a good plan to put 5.56 through a .223!

ATB

PS. And I would have to agree with Mr L on the Mod, I would suggest everyone considers the Compact version of the Predator 8 over the full length version (for anything up to and including .308), YES, I have had Both but all my centrefires now have the Compact version.

Same number of baffles, just a shorter over barrel tube and about 170g less weight!

PPS. From my knowledge and experience with this gun you will find it a good one, and accurate when you settle on the ammo, just too heavy for the tart that I am!

--------------------

Assuming KILLS

http://www.djsproducts.com/

Twist is 1:9. They're stamped .223 Rem, which to me = they're .223 Rem. I'd avoid 5.56 ammo, no need for it anyway.

Mine likes most things, from 50gr AE JHPs to handloads with a 70gr Berger and 23.5gr AA2230. Shoots very straight, just need to remember if handloading to use a fast powder otherwise you lose velocity.

Also, with your P8, you will find it more manageable by far if you convert it to the compact version, conversion stuff available from Andrew Banner, no difficulty in changing, just a new rear piece.

Thanks for the advice. I have got some Sako gameheads 55gr to try first. How much is the conversion kit I may buy it to try but I will probably sell it on because I dont mind the weight.

Thanks for that :clapper:

Now where do I find Mr Banner ?

Thanks for that :clapper:

Now where do I find Mr Banner ?

Deker you are a Gent :clapper:

Here...

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/sound_moderators.htm