pikeing

Theirs a few good books on the subject.How to catch bigger pike by paul gustavson.Pike and the pike angler by Fred Buller theirs a pic in that book with a rat in a pikes gullet.Dont forget to attach your hooks to a wire trace as even the smallest pikes teeth will cut through monifilament fishing line.atb dell

Theirs a few good books on the subject.How to catch bigger pike by paul gustavson.Pike and the pike angler by Fred Buller theirs a pic in that book with a rat in a pikes gullet.Dont forget to attach your hooks to a wire trace as even the smallest pikes teeth will cut through monifilament fishing line.atb dell

cheers mate atb bob

No need for wire on spinning traces.

Heavy mono trace 40-80lb will suffice for all but spinning for the big ones, i have never had the need to use a wire trace except a solid trace for using big jerkbaits.

Decent swivels and braid is important. Dead baiting would need a wire trace though.

No need for wire on spinning traces.

Heavy mono trace 40-80lb will suffice for all but spinning for the big ones, i have never had the need to use a wire trace except a solid trace for using big jerkbaits.

Decent swivels and braid is important. Dead baiting would need a wire trace though.

how do you know the next fish isn't going to be a "big one" though...? besides most decent wire is thinner and more supple than heavy mono.

hello am just starting piking fort il go for a change from sea fishing while the bass are out of season could do with any tipson piking please

atb bob

Well Bob,go and get yourself a SALMO SLIDER they are the business,i never had as much luck with pike until i found this badboy! :toast:

few diffrent sizes of forceps from small to massive!! and also good un hooking mat, and deffinetly a stove for brews and warm grub!..plus if your only just starting keep the rigs simple i.e. for bottom baits size 8 semi barbed trebles on 8'' ish of wire trace to a swivle then a bead on mainline to stop the free running lead on the mainline from going over the swivle! caught loads on this even though it is the simplest of rigs!!! ant!

Dont forget if you are fishing deadbaits on the bottom you will need bite alarms and drop offs similar to carp fishing its only fair on the pike to save deep hooking.Also gloves [bANNED TEXT] you are unhooking big pike as the slightest graze from their teeth can make a small cut bleed like mad apparently they have an anticogulant in their bite.atb dell

Dont forget if you are fishing deadbaits on the bottom you will need bite alarms and drop offs similar to carp fishing its only fair on the pike to save deep hooking.Also gloves [bANNED TEXT] you are unhooking big pike as the slightest graze from their teeth can make a small cut bleed like mad apparently they have an anticogulant in their bite.atb dell

thanks mate totally forgot about bite alarms. atb bob

You can float fish dead baits under pike floats if you havent got alarms.atb dell

You can float fish dead baits under pike floats if you havent got alarms.atb dell

that what my mate doing but we staying over nite so best get one.atb bob