FERRETING THIS MORNING.

Guest Frank

Ok, took one of my young jills out this morning, was going to take 2, but decided just the one for starters.

Have not ferreted for 10 years, so i was a bit rusty, but i was soon on form. :D

Stuck to small burrys as i did not want to push the jill on her first outing.

The first bury had 4 holes, neted up, stuck the MK 3 collar on the jill and slowly introduced her to one of the holes.

She sniffed about and went in.

After a few minutes, she emerged and went back in, taking some of the net in with her. I set it back up and waited.

Rumbling down below, got my heart beating, then all quiet.

She came out of another hole without the collar on her :icon_eek: Feck i thought, now i have to dig for the collar. :blink:

I put her back in her box and noticed a net was knocked down so i went to put it back up and found the collar tangled to it,......THANK GOD. :rolleyes:

I renterd her, this time making sure the colar was on tighter and waited, then bang, the first one was in the net, i got hold of it and was just going to put my foot on the hole, when another pops out and pegs it off across the feild. :wacko: :laugh:

The jill comes out, i put her back in the box, dispatched the bunny and reset the net.

I put her back down and out pops out some baby bunnys :blink: .

So, i decided to move on when the jill came back out.

Lost another one in the next bury and got 3 in the last burry i did.

I then packed up, as i thought thats enough for her first outing, was well pleased with her performance. :D

Will enter the other 3 youngsters i have over the next few weeks and see how the go and take my time, looking good so far. ;)

Pics of the day below, 1st one of the area i was in, hit badly over the last couple of years with myxy, but they are slowly coming back.

Pic 2 is a nice 2 holer for the young jill and pic 3, at the end of the morning, 4 nice bunnys. :)

Frank.

well done frank,hope your other ferrets work ok as well for you.You will have to be a bit quicker with your foot to cover the holes,still i can not say anything i still let the odd one go in the same way :icon_redface: i even let one go while it was in my hand in a net,it fell out of my hand and rolled down a bank and by the time i got to it,it had rolled free of the net :icon_redface::icon_redface: .

:laugh: I know what you mean.

What with me being rusty and me ferrets learners, we will make a great team for a while :11: , till its all ticking over fine. ;)

Practice makes perfect and that is what i aim to do. :)

Thanks folks so far.

Frank.

:D She is 16 and a half weeks old Ricky. :)

I will only do a couple of hours here and their with her and stick to small burys.

Gentle entering for all of them, untill December, when they will know whats going on and can get on to bigger warrens. ;)

Frank.

Guest tazdastokmaker
Ok, took one of my young jills out this morning, was going to take 2, but decided just the one for starters.

Have not ferreted for 10 years, so i was a bit rusty, but i was soon on form. :D

Stuck to small burrys as i did not want to push the jill on her first outing.

The first bury had 4 holes, neted up, stuck the MK 3 collar on the jill and slowly introduced her to one of the holes.

She sniffed about and went in.

After a few minutes, she emerged and went back in, taking some of the net in with her. I set it back up and waited.

Rumbling down below, got my heart beating, then all quiet.

She came out of another hole without the collar on her :icon_eek: Feck i thought, now i have to dig for the collar. :blink:

I put her back in her box and noticed a net was knocked down so i went to put it back up and found the collar tangled to it,......THANK GOD. :rolleyes:

I renterd her, this time making sure the colar was on tighter and waited, then bang, the first one was in the net, i got hold of it and was just going to put my foot on the hole, when another pops out and pegs it off across the feild. :wacko: :laugh:

The jill comes out, i put her back in the box, dispatched the bunny and reset the net.

I put her back down and out pops out some baby bunnys :blink: .

So, i decided to move on when the jill came back out.

Lost another one in the next bury and got 3 in the last burry i did.

I then packed up, as i thought thats enough for her first outing, was well pleased with her performance. :D

Will enter the other 3 youngsters i have over the next few weeks and see how the go and take my time, looking good so far. ;)

Pics of the day below, 1st one of the area i was in, hit badly over the last couple of years with myxy, but they are slowly coming back.

Pic 2 is a nice 2 holer for the young jill and pic 3, at the end of the morning, 4 nice bunnys. :)

Frank.

wher did u get ur ferret box from that is the same 1 i have but i found mine

Cheers for that Sean :good:

Ill do that from now on. ;)

Taz, i got the ferret box years ago, about 12 years, from K P & S Nets. :)

Need another one and will be getting one shortly to go with the one i have. ;)

Frank.