suluki x german shepard

the stables over the road from me have just had a litter of suliuki x greman shepard pups

just wondering what they would be like if i bought one

i havnt had much experiance with either breed so wondered if anyone who has could help

i guess they will be quick but weather the greman shepard will slow them down or reduce the hunting insting i dont know

thanks

brecon3

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

read the topic posted about german sheperd x greyhounds thats a similar breed, but salukis have a lot more stamina, i personally think its would be a good cross, the hips could be a problem but anything 'could' be a problem, and i also think it will have exellent prey drive plus the brains and power to go with it

but if i was you i wouldn't risk getting any pup if had not checked the parents out because you will have the dog for a long time

Gripper

it first cross cross if that helps and the gsd is the mother (is that sire?)

i can ask about the gds history of hips as i know the lady well

and they look strong stocky dogs although the mother did have a nip at me when i walked through the gate (would this be passed on to the pups)

then there is the question

bitch or dog? what are the pros and cons for each?

thanks

brecon3

and they look strong stocky dogs although the mother did have a nip at me when i walked through the gate (would this be passed on to the pups)

thanks

brecon3

Don't get one just because you like the look of the pups, ALL pups look nice thats because they are pups and pups are cute.

As for the one who said it would be a good cross, a good cross for what and why don't you get one, get a grip Gripper.

Are they free?

Edited by leegreen

i would think it would be a good cross if you had a pup and lined it with a greyhound, think it maybe a better cross having gsd then collie as both are worked in the same way. IMO so no sark comments

thanks

brecon3

Don't get one just because you like the look of the pups, ALL pups look nice thats because they are pups and pups are cute.

As for the one who said it would be a good cross, a good cross for what and why don't you get one, get a grip Gripper.

Are they free?

i HAVE got a german sheperd x greyhound :blink: and i DO think it will be an exellent cross and its always good to experiment, how can you judge a dog which you havn't witnessed, salukis are like greyhounds, bit slower, more stamina, and as ive already said GSD crosses have amazing power endurance and stamina, they have the brains and obidience of a colliex with the power and drive of a bullx, i WOULD have one if i knew the lines it came from, im talkin out of experience with this type of cross, leegreen is just leaving his OPINION, and you also asked what would it be good for leegreen..... erm hunting :blink:

atb Gripper

Edited by Gripper
the stables over the road from me have just had a litter of suliuki x greman shepard pups

i havnt had much experiance with either breed so wondered if anyone who has could help

i guess they will be quick but weather the greman shepard will slow them down or reduce the hunting insting i dont know

thanks

brecon3

i dont think they would have the speed mate

i would think it would be a good cross if you had a pup and lined it with a greyhound, think it maybe a better cross having gsd then collie as both are worked in the same way. IMO so no sark comments

spot on mate worked like collies but with added power, and for the one who said there not meant for hunting, neither are collies, neither are bull breeds, the hips could POSSIBLY be a problem but anything could POSSIBLY be a problem

thanks

brecon3

i dont think they would have the speed mate

why not? GSD arnt slow when they go, theyre faster then any bull breed, people need to think what they are saying before they judge the breed

anyway brecon3 i hope the advice has helped a bit

atb Gripper

Edited by Gripper

thanks

brecon3

Are they free?

i HAVE got a german sheperd x greyhound :blink: and i DO think it will be an exellent cross and its always good to experiment, how can you judge a dog which you havn't witnessed, salukis are like greyhounds, bit slower, more stamina, and as ive already said GSD crosses have amazing power endurance and stamina, they have the brains and obidience of a colliex with the power and drive of a bullx, i WOULD have one if i knew the lines it came from, im talkin out of experience with this type of cross, leegreen is just leaving his OPINION, and you also asked what would it be good for leegreen..... erm hunting :blink:

atb Gripper

You've got a GSDx Greyhound thats not experience with a Saluki x GSD, the cross will be quite slow as stated and its not "always good to experiment" unless you have good homes for all the pups, they will find them selfs unwanted in a working homes as they will not be good enough. GSD and Saluki's already have enough stamina so cross them, unless it was an accident. When I asked what would it be good for, I wasn't after a sarcastic answer, I was asking what will it hunt? Or better still what could it catch?