Old type ferrets

maybe your lucky with the small ferrets i was not cause like most things i work them hard and they faill after a while , bit more paitient now but not always , had lots of people out tand there ferrets never lasted the same as agod strong type bred for it ,,maybe you have aunique strain of rabbit killing son of a bitches ,last jil i put down was a big bitch and she could work a shift mate and get awkward bucks etc even at 5 and 6 , still good for twenty or more ,have fun and enjoy your small ferrets i thought mines were only half what a good strong ferret was ,last good bitch i got was of d sliegth via r moore ,very good big bitch and bred her to my own ferrets good workers ,its the same as dogs people go on about whippets catching roe bucks etc pre ban how many tho and how many chases a nite ,i would rsather be over matched than under matched when im out to catch numbers

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice pair of Albinos John.   Small Ferrets are nice to have, just that bit easier for everything   Cheers,   Shaun

I also keep a hutch full of the greyhound type, although none of mine are albino , polecats and silvers

I can remember ferrets kept by old poachers [bANNED TEXT] i was a kid that were always albinos and slim with arched backs as i got older i did put this down to the bred & milk diet that was mainly

Posted Images

some fancy ferrets there your as mad as squirell turd lol maybe you should give uncle tomo sum you look like a good guy and you name your ferrets after your exes lol not being cheecky they are nice but i like a bit of bone on them strong types yours are very slinky but nice

its years since i took the rabbiting game serous but ive never forgot what makes a good worker , some of the smaller jills yoused to come out the hutch no not me again the bigger males jumped up and said lets go just like the old beardie cross i had good constatuition ,,used to love rabbiting in the borders of bonny scotland great days bolting and nettin rabbs if there had been agood market ie 2 pound a piece ,would had never stopped , BUT GREAT SPORT AND VERY FOND MEMORIES

YOU ONLY GET INTELEGENT ARGUMENTS IF YOU HAVE DONE IT HARD FOR ALIVING AT THE GAME ,wished i had took as many pics as some, but was on my tod most days or with helpers if i could hijack one lol as it was no holiday digging and digging and gutting and carrying them as a 4 x 4 could only go some places

YOU ONLY GET INTELEGENT ARGUMENTS IF YOU HAVE DONE IT HARD FOR ALIVING AT THE GAME ,wished i had took as many pics as some, but was on my tod most days or with helpers if i could hijack one lol as it was no holiday digging and digging and gutting and carrying them as a 4 x 4 could only go some places

so people who havent done somthing for a living are not worth listning to, thats what your saying whin.

AND TO HAVE AN INTELIGENT DEBATE, ALL YOU NEED IS PEOPLE THAT ARE WILLING TO LISTEN TO OTHER PEOPLES VIEWS ;) NOT BE SO BLINKERED IN TO BELIVING THERE OWN SELF IMPORTANCE

i dont do the rabbiting for a living, i do do some jobs paid as i have a small pesty bussnes, but most is for sport.

however during the late 80's and early 90's when i was out of work i did catch game for a living poaching :yes: i have a few pics from that time but not many.

heres a few pheasants 80 odd

pics124005.jpg

HERES A FEW BUNNYS AND FISH TAKEN ONE NIGHT

pics33003.jpg

some fancy ferrets there your as mad as squirell turd lol maybe you should give uncle tomo sum you look like a good guy and you name your ferrets after your exes lol not being cheecky they are nice but i like a bit of bone on them strong types yours are very slinky but nice

I have ferrets for all ocassions...............

Derek........................

DSC02010.jpg

never ever says that i think if you dont do it for a living you aint no good you have the wrong end of the stick mate , all im saying what works , and more good pics good lad , got a few like that tomo but better left for another time bud ,wahts works for you didnt work for me and others ,,now have fun and enjoy ,ille look a few photos out and send them to a mate he can post them under something else cheers if thta makes you feel better lol

• Like 1

ill get some up for youse promise , any way you maybe get some pics done for me im to fick to do it lol, lobster yummy , when the weather breakes ill be out checking my traps , again , i still like a good strong dog ferret or bitch not going change me unless i see some wee crackers then ill have to barter them of you tomo , put a skull and crossbones flag on boat the other day to annoy the fisheries other day ,he says we can get you for that i laughd cant even fill my registration form in eejits

ye young freind has some i gave him he has ahob that i gave him to breed of there brutes tho went to ground first time and knacked the rabbits, the jills were a bit more easy to work with ,you no a good type of ferret oit usaly kills or stays whenyou take it out first timevif its old enough to kill

ye young freind has some i gave him he has ahob that i gave him to breed of there brutes tho went to ground first time and knacked the rabbits, the jills were a bit more easy to work with ,you no a good type of ferret oit usaly kills or stays whenyou take it out first timevif its old enough to kill

It does depend on your view and whats good for your land, A good ferret for me is a bolter not a killer. when mine do kill, they don't stick too it, they move on to flush more. Thats good for me and how i need them. Horses for courses/ ferrets for warrens :D

atb

LD13