First trip out with dog, tips please!

Have recently rescued a beautiful beddi x whippet bitch 18 months old. She's pretty obedient can make her stay ,walk to heel etc but she isn'nt great at retrieving at the mo though I'm woking on it also when shes got a scent of something she has a tendancy to turn deaf. I've introduced her to the ferrets x4 and she's good as gold with them running round her feet ,in and out of tunnels etc.

What is the best way to introduce her to ferreting, should I tie her up to watch how things work or start off with no nets to give her a run? Should I prevent her mouthing rabbits in the nets?

I've only been ferreting with nets or gun with no dog so any advice much appreciated. Going out saturday morning.

Cheers George

The retrieving is just practice to put right, selective deafness is one of the traits of a lucher :D mine gets bored very quickly, then she goes deaf if thats what you mean, on the ferreting side, just take her out with a few nets and see how she gets on, I let my dog mouth the nets, not shake them or rip them to bits, its a handy thing for them to do, it means they are on the case of any runners strait away if they slip the nets, also makes them pay attention and not wander about :)

Try to walk some rabbits into a set and let the dog rake around the holes ,hopefully the dog will mark the hole were rabbits are ,after a few goes at this ,shes invaluable saves doing empty sets and you have a good idea were they will bolt from. I have a bed. terrier and bed x whippet cross both mark great