im going to go to the butchers in the next few days so i was looking to know what everyone else gets. What different kinds of meat do you all get, chicken, beef ,lamb? would the butcher have stuff already minced do you think, or would they only do it when asked? how much should i expect to pay for a few weeks worth? cheers, caolan.

im going to go to the butchers in the next few days so i was looking to know what everyone else gets. What different kinds of meat do you all get, chicken, beef ,lamb? would the butcher have stuff already minced do you think, or would they only do it when asked? how much should i expect to pay for a few weeks worth? cheers, caolan.

i have just started feeding my dogs raw meat & bones & i got the butcher to chop up some chicken thighs for me , the dogs love it with cooked pasta & a little plain mixer & a bit of grated up carrot

i was worried about the chunks being a bit bit but both dogs scoffed it up & chewed the bones really easily , there greyhounds , so i dont know about a smaller dog sorry , but mine managed it fine

My male dogs been on it 2 days only & he hasnt farted once :laugh: :laugh:

Hiya, i see a few people have viewed this and havent bothered replying to your post. I go to the local butchers and ask for scraps, the bags contains a mix of all types of meats. Some times u can have a really good bag of meat and think for dinner? or for dogs? haha. just go in there and ask for scraps for the dogs, some times u will have alot of bones other times its just pure meat. This is a bargain to, ask ur local butchers for all the lambs hearts he has in the back, cause they put so many out in the window and once they start discolouring (theyr ok only need to rinse them theyr perfect to eat or for the dogs) the butcher puts them in a bag in the fridge an throws them. I managed to pick up about a bag of 30-40 lambs hearts for about £2.00-£3.00 but other than that i dont pay for scraps, my local butcher is brilliant fair play!!!!

For recipes http://rawfeddogs.net/Recipe/List

UK advice http://www.ukrmb.co.uk/showcontent.toy?contentnid=175912 and http://www.ukrmb.co.uk/showcontent.toy?contentnid=175913

A good group to join is http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/RawMeatyBones/

Any questions and normally get good answers and also a few vets are members as well

and to counter some of the crap put out by the petfood companies and most vets

http://www.rawfed.com/myths/index.html

cheers for the advice and links some good stuff there to read. the dogs are already fed a mix between raw and redmills. its just that the meat in the freezer ran out. i went to all my local butchers today and they all said that they dont do meat for dogs anymore. they said that nothing is wasted anymore and it all ends up in our sausages and whatever else lol

Our butcher charges £1 for 1kg of minced dog food. I wish he didn't mince it but it is frozen. Bones are free, though. It is also local meat. We do not have any choice - there are only 2 butchers and the other doesn't know where his meat comes from so I don't use him.

hi there,

all i feed my dog on is,raw meat and cooked veg,i just buy the value mince from my local super market,and cook up a load of veg (carots,cabbage,potato,sweed,beans,)and freeze them.

my dog is a terrier,so she dosen`t eat alot,just a handfull of mince,and a handfull of veg,

it goes down a treat.

her coat is in good condition,and shinny,her nose is wet,nice bright eyes,her weight is spot on, and she has bags of energy,

so it works for her,and i feel good feeding her good food.

hope this helps.

tillylamp.

i get all my stuff from butchers and luckily they also slaughter so get ample of them. Chicken wings carcasses lamb beef hearts small amount of liver. Meaty bones lamb necks and ribs. I dont pay a penny. If you were more locall i could help you out. Good luck.

Hiya, i see a few people have viewed this and havent bothered replying to your post. I go to the local butchers and ask for scraps, the bags contains a mix of all types of meats. Some times u can have a really good bag of meat and think for dinner? or for dogs? haha. just go in there and ask for scraps for the dogs, some times u will have alot of bones other times its just pure meat. This is a bargain to, ask ur local butchers for all the lambs hearts he has in the back, cause they put so many out in the window and once they start discolouring (theyr ok only need to rinse them theyr perfect to eat or for the dogs) the butcher puts them in a bag in the fridge an throws them. I managed to pick up about a bag of 30-40 lambs hearts for about £2.00-£3.00 but other than that i dont pay for scraps, my local butcher is brilliant fair play!!!!

We dont reply to every post.We read them first.and if we have something meaningful to say we then reply.Catcher