I took one of my bitch misty for a mooch at 5am this morning. I went in to a wood iv never seen before and found these.

footprint1.jpg

scats.jpg

footprint2.jpg

wood.jpg

The droppings where right on the edge of the wood and so was the big print and the little one was in the wood. There was prints like these all over? Are they roe deer?

Thanks David

Good hunting

footprint1.jpg

Sorry Molly :icon_redface: I mean Im surprised that there is deer in the wood. Iv read on sites that there isn’t many roe deer in the midlands and isn’t any fallow at all? It was a real surprise when I found the slots ;)

Good hunting

Sorry Molly :icon_redface: I mean Im surprised that there is deer in the wood. Iv read on sites that there isn’t many roe deer in the midlands and isn’t any fallow at all? It was a real surprise when I found the slots ;)

Good hunting

Ahh, when you said "up there" i thought you meant where i live :rolleyes:

MOLL.

The first pic is of a fallow mate ,a yearling too .Roughly 2-3 hours behind it ..The pic with your hand is a fallow too but a poor condition beast ,possibly old ..Roughly a day behind it . .Both deer walking .On damp soil such as this ,a deer running shows a forward slide and a backward divet of earth as it left the hoof . .Deer naturally spread the hoof on damp ground .The first pic looks to be an over trod mark onto another ,larger beast ,but not made together .

The droppings are fallow mate too .Good tracking .

Edited by foxdropper