mk3 locator problem

Hello there. Was hoping someone can explain to me why my mk 3 locator is doing something.

Instead of the normal single repeating beep noise you normally get my locator is now making a series of connected beeps and the lights on the dial are showing a series of three in succession. The noise starts off with a low pitch and then gets higher as the lights quickly move across the display but the collar isn't moving any closer.

Anyone know what this is about please?

regards

Ian

When my MK3m locator did that it was the battery going flat :)

Its not been used too much but I hope it is a simple solution like that. Thanks for the input.

If its the battery it came with, then change it for a decent one, the battery that came with my locator brand new was rubbish, as soon as I changed it my locator became the wonder tool it was meant to be. try it and see ;)

swapped the battery and it seems to have cured the problem, in the house at least.

Will give it a thorough testing at the weekend.

Thanks for the advise, saved me having to send it off and waiting for its return and more importantly not getting out for a while.

regards

Ian

swapped the battery and it seems to have cured the problem, in the house at least.

Thanks for the advise, saved me having to send it off and waiting for its return and more importantly not getting out for a while.

regards

Ian

dont worry about it mate, it will be your t.v or other electrical stuff interfeering with it. it should work fine when you get out in the field. ;)

regards

Ian

dont worry about it mate, it will be your t.v or other electrical stuff interfeering with it. it should work fine when you get out in the field. ;)

that is a VERY valid point, they pick up allsorts in the house ;)