Euro Polecat Hob- 16 wks

I have a Polecat hob (J McKay bred) acquired after being misinformed on how hot they really are, I am not the right person for this animal as cannot spend the time and lack the experience required with him, so he needs a new more suitable home.

Ideally swap for 2 young poley jill ferts.

Bedfordshire.

What exactly cant you give this ferret that you can give 2 young jills , do you mean its unhandleable ?

I have a Polecat hob (J McKay bred) acquired after being misinformed on how hot they really are, I am not the right person for this animal as cannot spend the time and lack the experience required with him, so he needs a new more suitable home.

Bedfordshire.

What exactly cant you give this ferret that you can give 2 young jills , do you mean its unhandleable ?

i was thinking the same kay .... he cant spend the time with it so how can he spend the time with 2

give us a bit more info mate may be someone here can point youin the right direction

atb gary

Bedfordshire.

i was thinking the same kay .... he cant spend the time with it so how can he spend the time with 2

give us a bit more info mate may be someone here can point youin the right direction

atb gary

It would help if this chap outlined the issues he is having with said ferret, all some folks will see is european polecat & think dark, regardless of the fact its almost probably unhandleble & will no doubt end up being in its 4th or 5th home by next spring before someone has it who knows how to deal with it

Guest lavyheed

Any chance of a picture?

As festa mentioned can you give a little more info on it?age etc Is it is temperament that is putting you off?

Angora ferrets!! I wondered how long it would take to see ads/breeders for these things in the Uk!

Ok here we go,

I have kept and worked ferrets for several years, I handle all my animals every day but due to work/ family commitments etc only for a very limited time.

The opportunity came up to take this Polecat and I made a snap judgement without the information of the handling time Polecats require.

Yes I find the animal difficult to handle, unlike any ferret I have experienced which is why he requires rehoming after a very short period with me.

The easy way would be to ignore my mistake and keep the animal in an unsuitable home, that way I would have avoided judgemental comments in a public forum, but the animal deserves a home which has the experience and time he requires.

Would you be happier if I had not posted and the animal be culled or worse kept in an unsuitable home?

Tabs

Any chance of a picture?

As festa mentioned can you give a little more info on it?age etc Is it is temperament that is putting you off?

Angora ferrets!! I wondered how long it would take to see ads/breeders for these things in the Uk!

Put in Angora ferrets in the search box on here you will pull allsorts up, a woman who comes on here breeds them & these polecat things

Ok here we go,

I have kept and worked ferrets for several years, I handle all my animals every day but due to work/ family commitments etc only for a very limited time.

The opportunity came up to take this Polecat and I made a snap judgement without the information of the handling time Polecats require.

Yes I find the animal difficult to handle, unlike any ferret I have experienced which is why he requires rehoming after a very short period with me.

The easy way would be to ignore my mistake and keep the animal in an unsuitable home, that way I would have avoided judgemental comments in a public forum, but the animal deserves a home which has the experience and time he requires.

Would you be happier if I had not posted and the animal be culled or worse kept in an unsuitable home?

Tabs

What you really mean is it bites & behaves like a ball of fury when you try to do anything with it , spits , hisses & is generally antisocial ?

Is there no chance that McKay wont have the animal back, i think most breeders like to keep in touch with people who buy from them

Guest lavyheed
Any chance of a picture?

Put in Angora ferrets in the search box on here you will pull allsorts up, a woman who comes on here breeds them & these polecat things

Cheers for the nod Kay,i will give it a search, i didn't think to search for angoras on here, as i never give them a second thought.

Ok here we go,

Tabs

What you really mean is it bites & behaves like a ball of fury when you try to do anything with it , spits , hisses & is generally antisocial ?

You related to my missus?

What I mean is he is a polecat and behaves like a polecat (something I was unaware of when I acquired him), no hissing or spitting but antisocial I will give you. Im not looking to fob him off on some unsuspecting owner, you have a suspicious mind Kay.

Tabs

Ok here we go,

Tabs

What I mean is he is a polecat and behaves like a polecat (something I was unaware of when I acquired him), no hissing or spitting but antisocial I will give you. Im not looking to fob him off on some unsuspecting owner, you have a suspicious mind Kay.

Tabs

Oh come on what did you expect it to behave like :laugh: perhaps a little research before was needed , i dont think its you, it will behave like it whoever takes it on , its a polecat

Ok here we go,

Tabs

Tabs

Oh come on what did you expect it to behave like :laugh: perhaps a little research before was needed , i dont think its you, it will behave like it whoever takes it on , its a polecat

I believe I made those exact points in my previous posts, you sure you not related to her? I will know for sure if you have the last word.

Ok here we go,

Tabs

Tabs

I believe I made those exact points in my previous posts, you sure you not related to her? I will know for sure if you have the last word.

:11: :clapper: