my mate was out in the afternoon yesterday just walking the terriers when it started to rain, hes got me other old dog over there ( ted ) as it started raining he headed off for home with all terriers in toe, got so far and ted was missing, now this dog is a pain when he gets on some think and will stop there forever and a day, rain snow or blow you put him in you dig him out ,( BUT YOU WOULDNT WANT THEM ANY OTHER WAY) he does not get on with other dogs but great with bitches and pups , they was only two fields away from his house and there is game all over the place, at first he thought he had gone after a bird or rabbit but he comes back when you shout him on things like that, so he took the other terriers home and went back looking around the earths with no luck , the only thing is if hes gone to ground in a land drain, its all clay after acouple of feet and the soon fill up with it raining so we are just hopeing he comes back or one of the farmers spot him and bring him back, only time will tell, would sooner no hes dead cus the waiting game is shit, photo of ted and his daughter , ted is the red & white 1.

Guest RobW71

Try taping a locator collar to a drain rod and trying all the drains you know of. I once used 32rods to find someones pooch that decided to have a go in a drain, luckily they knew which one he disappeared up.

Goodluck finding him.

Regards Rob

my brother lost a JRT when we were teenagers,we beleive he was in a badger sett for a week and eventually got himself out and came home,

he was very thin and collapsed in the field in front of our house and had to be carried in after freeing himself and making his way the few miles to the farm, he recovered but we never expected to see him again, my brother had even cleaned out the kennel and was thinking of getting another dog.

so never give up, they sometimes do free themselves and come home, hope your's does ;)

cheers mate , we live in hope ,hes out there now still trying to find him, theres alot of holes around him, and the dog know them all, its just finding which 1 hes gone down, only time will tell.

Chris

now chris where you mate ? i will come and help you ! i am in the north east close to middlebro i can have three lads with me if your close with a couple of on the top terriers and lurchers let me no i have a 12 terrier who wont give up the game lol and she comes home thank god . but let me no ill give a hand if i can and so will allrounder

cheers dav e

:blink: Errr ..... Is it just me, or .....

think it must be you mate you dont seem to talk about your dogs or any experience you had doing it :unsure:

cheers dave

Hi,

dave doesnt know exactly where abouts ted f**k off, hes had the other terriers out with him all day looking, its like a needle in a hay stack, ted as been over there agood 5 months now and apart of daves team, if you asked him about the terriers he would say they are mine, but i see it as they are his, he works them feeds them looks after them, and this is abit of bad luck for both of us( dave cus he works him and that, me cus the dog plays a big part in my breeding) but it can happen to any 1 and the man feels sick about it cus he sees ted as mine, me i feel sick about it cus hes a good mate of mine but its just 1 of them things that happen, if you was worried about losing your terriers you would never take them out and work them, you know what your taking out but never know what your coming back with, we have all lost dogs to ground and yes it does you but you get back on with it and remember the good and with abit of luck have more good days then bad ones .

Chris

im in nottingham , and dave is in lincolnshire, in the middle of no where, you cant get a car down to where the dog went missing he tryed and as f****d the car up, had to get it pulled out, if the terriers hes got herd ted he would find him, ted could be any where in a 30 mile radius and dave knows the land, if ted is still alive and to ground he will find him, i dont no all the ground but if he needs me i will be there, he knows that.

im not fast on these things mate, 1 finger at a time.

hope u find ted chris ,cheers for ma pup he do in great

pups turning out nice mate ,good luck with him and keep me up to date , cheers mate .

ps ted is his grandad

chris