ferreting to-day

micky

I was asked to show my face on some land because the people next door were moaning,its a bit early for me ,and to warm,but as there all big field sets, i turnded out for a couple of hours,when we arrived rabbits were running all over the place,we started where we allways do on a set of about forty holes on a open hillside,we netted up and chucked in two does ,and a buck, that i had caught in a fenn trap last year,within minutes we had five on the grass,then disaster ,from nowhere,the air was full of wasps,and as i grabbed another rabbiti got stung ,twice on the hand, and another brace on the shonker,we ran to the top of the hill and waited ,and as the ferrets showed ,ran down and picked them up,we ended up with 6 rabbits and a sore hooter,and lost a few more, i will go back in the morning for the nets and kit .

Can any body see the rabbits in the photo ,my mrs could, but i cannot , even though i know where they are,or did she get lucky

post-4256-1254240490_thumb.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images