Wheaten 1st x bred by coyote

I bought a 1stx wheaten off coyote on this site the dog is coming up 8 months old and is now about 24 to the shoulder he is very good in kennels good with other dogs great temperament and has had a couple of rabbits and a few rag ups with older dogs on shot quarry hes showing quite promising, just wondering if anyone else had 1 and hows it going .

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wheaton x are by far my favourite breed of lurcher they have the hearth of a bullx brains of a colliex and are quicker dog than a bull x i have one here taking all game single handed would part with him for no luv or money...FACT

lmao at robbie what do you run whippets wheaton xs can do the job time and time again fact!!!! and before you ask yes iv seen xs work and pure wheatons. id have one over any cross if it was bred from the right wheaton (not any shit) they have the coat the brains and definatly the gameness.

Edited by marky r

ha ha was a bit pissed last night when i posted that!!!! maybe i did go abit over the top but based on my own experiences with them i would NEVER entertain 1 again. ive owned 6 lurchers with wheaton blood in and none of them were any good when the chips are down and things got to tough and ive had a pure wheaton off "top working lines" that would fight anything that moved and looked really keen but 10 mins underground was all he did before he jibbed and would never look at a hole again after that!!!! please dont think i was trying to be the big man cause i aint like that its just i dont like them anymore to much show blood about has been introduced now and they have suffered as a result. the only terrier worth using in a cross now is the big yankee 1 they make the wheatons look pathetic and coming from ireland myself i wouldnt say this if i didnt honestly mean it. of course there will be lads out there who can prove me wrong and fair play to you!!!! like i said i did go over the top sorry if i caused any offence just opinon on wheatons is not high from all the dogs ive seen with this blood over the years. yis robbie

fair comment robbie1 i feel exactly the same way about deerhounds yet others swear by them ,I bought the wheaten as I wanted a pup to bring on and fancied trying a wheaten as Ive heard so much about them and just wanted to find out for myself if it isnt any good I will let you know lol.

Guest lurchers&terriers

there will be some good and some bad but there not something you can get just to try out. there not a packet of crisps for Christ sake. iv heard all good about this cross. but my advice would be to anyone thinking of getting one or any working dog, get out with the parents first and then if you buy one give it the best you can and spend time with it. there's far to many people out there who buy a pup throw it in a kennel then expect it to 100% when the time comes, then if it don't perform or show promise its discarded and another is bought. anyway good luck with you dog mate and keep us updated.

fair comment robbie1 i feel exactly the same way about deerhounds yet others swear by them ,I bought the wheaten as I wanted a pup to bring on and fancied trying a wheaten as Ive heard so much about them and just wanted to find out for myself if it isnt any good I will let you know lol.

mate i was out of order saying they are wank like that id been out to a party and had a few!!!!!! i apologise for ruining your post its like you say about deerhounds one mans meat is another mans poison. i wish you all the best with your pup mate infact i hope you prove me wrong!!!! yis rob