How much rib do you see ?

to see if ya shooting high try it on a pattern plate, most clay grounds have em, if not take some wallpaper and hang it on a fence or from a tree in the field, draw a cross on it then "point and shoot" dont aim, see were you are truly aiming.

More than likely ya not giving them enough lead, that was my biggest problem till i learn to point and shoot, now it comes naturally

Thanks mate much appreciated

is it a trap gun, skeet gun, sporter or what?

its a game gun 28inch barrel

if the gun fits you then you shouldnt see any rib with it beign a game gun. sounds like the stock is too high for you. what you need to do is either get the stock altered to fit you or sell that gun and buy one that fits you from the start. have a word with ur coach if you buy a new gun and see if he will go with u and make sure that it fits you.

SEAN

you are right but if the gun dont fit you then it wont shoot where you are looking

cheers mate

i was presuming the gun did fit.....lol

i bought a berreta dt 10 ( lots of £££££££'s) and had to take 1/4 " off the comb to make it fit.

i went from high 20's out of 50 to low 40's out of 50 ( sometimes high 40's)

makes a huge difference

atb

sean

is it a trap gun, skeet gun, sporter or what?

its a game gun 28inch barrel

if the gun fits you then you shouldnt see any rib with it beign a game gun. sounds like the stock is too high for you. what you need to do is either get the stock altered to fit you or sell that gun and buy one that fits you from the start. have a word with ur coach if you buy a new gun and see if he will go with u and make sure that it fits you.

SEAN

you are right but if the gun dont fit you then it wont shoot where you are looking

Thanks mate much appreciated

hi mate i would also say if you are seeing that much rib then the gun is a little to short aswell try fitting a recoild pad or a spacer and the end of the stock to elongate it a bit this should make the rib slightly lower .atb mate sure you will get it sorted try the cheaper things first before spending uot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi there, just a bit of info on crossing targets eg. station 4 skeet.

when you are following the flight path of the target with the gun mounted ,imagine 4 fingers of forward allowance at the muzzles, roughly speaking that should give an idea as to how much lead to give it.

See how you get on.........

Good luck, stay safe & enjoy.........Neil.