Autumn Show Sunday 4th October North East

Some of you will already have seen the ad in the countrymans weekly for our autumn show at the shop/workshop, on the Chilton Ind Est in Co Durham, it will be held on sunday the 4th of oct. full lurcher and terrier show, as well as ferret show and racing which is to be held in doors. we will be holding a net making contest again, and this time there are trade stands in doors to, our own strong stuff will be there with his exellent products, Colin Didriksen will also be attenance to do a book signing with his two books Country Mischife and A Worse Country Mischife, theres a leather craft guy, a local lad tying flies and much more, the ferret show and racing will be run by the North East Ferret Resuce, at the last show we had members from all over the country turn up on the day, from Scotland, Wales, Southen Ireland, and lenght and width of the mainland, would be good to see you all again

Ferret Classes

Albino hob

Albino jill

Pale nose polecat hob

Pale nose polecat jill

Sandy hob

Sandy jill

Silver hob

Silver jill

Coloured hob

Coloured jill

Winners of all above will go through to final Best in Show

Then:-

Child Handler

Veterans (over age of 7)

Matched pairs.

Lurcher Classes

START 12 Noon

CHILDRENS CLASSES

Up to 8 years

9 to 15 years

CLASS

1. Rough Dog over 23â€

2. Rough Bitch over 23â€

3. Rough Dog 23†and under

4. Rough Bitch 23†and under

5. Smooth Dog over 23â€

6. Smooth Bitch over 23â€

7. Smooth Dog 23†and under

8. Smooth Bitch 23†and under

9. Rough Dog and Bitch 27†and over

10. Smooth Dog and Bitch 27†and over

11. Sight Hound (Purebred) Dog and Bitch

12 Dog Puppy Under 12 Months

13. Bitch Puppy Under 12 Months

14. Bull X Puppy Under 12 Months

15. Bull X Dog

16. Bull X Bitch

17. Rabbiting Class

18. Veteran Dog and Bitch 7 years and older

19. Pairs/Couples

Winners of classes 12 13 and 14for Best Puppy

Winners of classes 1 to 10 and 15 to 17 for Champion Lurcher

Terriers

Starts 12 Noon

CHILDRENS CLASS

Up to 8 years

8 to 15 years

CLASS

1. Jack Russell Smooth Dog

2. Jack Russell Smooth Bitch

3. Jack Russell Rough Dog

4. Jack Russell Rough Bitch

5. Jack Russell Puppy

6. Lakeland Dog

7. Lakeland Bitch

8. Lakeland Puppy

9. Border Dog

10. Border Bitch

11. Border Puppy

12. Cross Bred Dog

13. Cross Bred Bitch

14. Cross Bred Puppy

15. Patterdale Dog

16. Patterdale Bitch

17. Patterdale Puppy

18. Bedlington Terrier

19. Bedlingtong Terrier Puppy

20. Plummer Dog

21. Plummer Bitch

22. Plummer Puppy

23. Veteran Dog & Bitch 7 years and over

Winners of classes 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 19, 22, for Best Puppy

Winners of classes 1, 2,3,4,6,7,9,10,12,13,15,16,18, 20, 21, For Champion Terrier

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got off the phone, our suppier of dog food has done me a deal for the show and it will let us sell Sneyds super dog for the price of only £10.00 a 15kg bag but there only letting us have 1 ton 66 bags at that price, but every little helps, this is only one deal Im trying to sort for the show will keep you all up dated

Also this time we are running the show our selves and every thing is going back into the running of the show or the North East Ferret Rescue

As this will be the last show of the year for me, I'll have some bargains with me, all the gear I have got made already I'll bring with me and it will be at 20% off at least, as always I'll do deals so the more you spend the more I'll knock off.

This is for this show only, the gear I've got made already was made using fittings I got at my old price, I haven't put my prices up much but had to slightly recently.

So .............. if you need gear and aren't too worried about it being black only (the colour I've got most of left) then this would be a good chance to get sorted for the winter.

Looking forward to this one.

Tom all at DD Timber Product are looking forward to you visiting us again, I have also sorted out the champion lurcher trophy today it is to be engraved the BADA-UK Trophy a charity we all know is very close to your heart, and a very worth while cause we should all get behind, we will also be running a raffel in aid of BADA-UK, 1ST prize generously donated by James Bradly of Landmark Films is all three of there DVD's, second prize will be one of our ferret boxes of your chose, mouchers,double, triple or the new large double, and thierd prize will be Steve Hendersons DVD Purse Net Making Tutorial plus polyester yarn, rings, draw cord, neddle and board all you need to set you away net making, we have also heard back from Paul Ratcliff the wild life artist who also does portraits in pencil or water colours of people and animals all beautifully mounted and framed, and he will be coming along to be joined by many traders in our indoor trade area, so far we have had far more intrest shown in the show that the last one which far exceeded any of our expectations, this looks like its going to be a great end to the show season, next year we are hoping to run this show at a different venue over two days on a much bigger scale with camping and even biger trophys, with BADA-UK sheild to be presented to the champion lurcher and terrier to be engraved each year with the winner, we are also hoping to make this a qualifier show for the many lurcher and terrier shows through out the season

DSC00198.jpg

The BADA-UK Trophy 2009

champion lurcher

This trophy is approx 18" long and 10" high