Zini's Mil Dot Trajectory chart

Hi guys,

While I've been sat at home today ive been thinking about mil dots and how useful they are to us air rifle hunters.

I've devised this chart today that will enable you to calibrate your own rifle and scope combo for use in the field.

The chart speaks for itself. You just have to put a cross in the table where your combo strikes the target at each distance.

You can also mark on the bottom cross hairs your point of aim for the most used air rifle ranges. Its a quick guide and ideal when shooting from a hide or ambushing.

Once you know these marks they will ensure that as long as your range finding skills are up to it you will hit the target every time.

I can confirm that the attachment is clean with no viruses or spyware

Zini

Mil_Dot_Trajectory_Chart.doc

Edited by zini

Mill dots are cracking IMO. Combine them with an A/O and you're laughing. I can accurately range find and It does help put game In the bag. I use a simmons without MD and find It really hard to get used to after having MD ret on both my other rifles.

How much you looking for that simmons tdesnos? I've got a Walther 4-12x50 here that has a MD, IR, AO that Is just sat In the box.

Mill dots are cracking IMO. Combine them with an A/O and you're laughing. I can accurately range find and It does help put game In the bag. I use a simmons without MD and find It really hard to get used to after having MD ret on both my other rifles.

How much you looking for that simmons tdesnos? I've got a Walther 4-12x50 here that has a MD, IR, AO that Is just sat In the box.

Hi mate,

I have no idea, i was hoping just to do a swap ideally. What do you want for the Walther? :hmm:

nice one zini !!!

just remember though fellas....always use the same zoom setting when using your mil dots ( x6 is normal)

as the dots appear either further apart or closer together on your quarry at higher and lower magnification.

all the best

sean

so the injury hasnt been put to waste then mate?.....lol

I'm sure people will find this very handy

Nice one

Darryl

no his injury isnt stopping him lol we bagged 14 tonight the write up will follow soon mate

Edited by festa

Just to reply to you question TDesnod, yes mil dots are the way ahead friend.

You need to stick to a magnification, my favourite mag is x 10, some people like already posted earlier prefer x6 and then shoot at a target at all ranges from 5 to 50 metres or your usual shooting range depending on how good a shot you are.

Once you have done that mark on the chart that I’ve posted your aim points for every range and you will treble your quarry bag I can promise.

As time goes on and you practice more you will learn the mil dot aim off points without even looking at the chart.

Read my thread called Crippled Critter Control and you will see how handy they are when used right.

As for scopes the one you have is a very good and expensive quality scope from Simmons. The WTC models were the best low light air rifle scopes a few years back mate and are still regarded as great scopes by many hunters today.

Be careful about just swapping it for any old mil dot sight; make sure you get a good deal friend and that you are happy with what you are getting. The Walther scope from the earlier post sounds like a good deal as their scopes are quality scopes too and will serve you well.

Alternatively friend if you have a EBay account you will get a very good Tasco 6-24 x 50mm with AO and Illume like mine for £46 ish. I didnt pay the world for mine but the scope has handled every thing that Ive thrown at it and come out smiling while never letting me down. I also know that Festa on here uses the same model as mine and Reggaeman is getting the same scope and im sure that they will stand by me when i say they are quality.

Believe me I shoot normally every day when Im well and not on these flipping crutches so it has been tested in all situations.

Regards and the best of luck friend.

Zini

Edited by zini
Just to reply to you question TDesnod, yes mil dots are the way ahead friend.

You need to stick to a magnification, my favourite mag is x 10, some people like already posted earlier prefer x6 and then shoot at a target at all ranges from 5 to 50 metres or your usual shooting range depending on how good a shot you are.

Once you have done that mark on the chart that I’ve posted your aim points for every range and you will treble your quarry bag I can promise.

As time goes on and you practice more you will learn the mil dot aim off points without even looking at the chart.

Read my thread called Crippled Critter Control and you will see how handy they are when used right.

As for scopes the one you have is a very good and expensive quality scope from Simmons. The WTC models were the best low light air rifle scopes a few years back mate and are still regarded as great scopes by many hunters today.

Be careful about just swapping it for any old mil dot sight; make sure you get a good deal friend and that you are happy with what you are getting. The Walther scope from the earlier post sounds like a good deal as their scopes are quality scopes too and will serve you well.

Alternatively friend if you have a EBay account you will get a very good Tasco 6-24 x 50mm with AO and Illume like mine for £46 ish. I didnt pay the world for mine but the scope has handled every thing that Ive thrown at it and come out smiling while never letting me down. I also know that Festa on here uses the same model as mine and Reggaeman is getting the same scope and im sure that they will stand by me when i say they are quality.

Believe me I shoot normally every day when Im well and not on these flipping crutches so it has been tested in all situations.

Regards and the best of luck friend.

Zini

Thanks Zini - that was very helpful! :thumbs:

Thanks Tdesnos and Stealthly1.

If i can give back to someone the enjoyment i have recieved from my time hunting with air rifles i certainly will.

Its good to share info and educate and be educated by the other members of our sport while passing on our experiences both good and bad.

We all have our weaknesses at something or other in our sport and noone can honestly say that they are perfect at shooting with their air rifle at all ranges and in any conditions.

By sharing info and nowledge we all become better

Si

If i can give back to someone the enjoyment i have recieved from my time hunting with air rifles i certainly will.

Its good to share info and educate and be educated by the other members of our sport while passing on our experiences both good and bad.

We all have our weaknesses at something or other in our sport and noone can honestly say that they are perfect at shooting with their air rifle at all ranges and in any conditions.

Si

zini's weekness is foriegn lady joggers he just falls every time for them lol sry , mate could'nt resist it

gary

Si

zini's weekness is foriegn lady joggers he just falls every time for them lol sry , mate could'nt resist it

gary

Elaborate!!! :yes: