HARE NET.

Guest MIST NET

Guest MIST NET

This is one of the nets i use for catching hares, Its made from 20/15 single strand poly (5 inch full mesh) with a double strand 20/15 selvage set on 1.5mm running line.As you can see its rigged as a mini long net but with just over 50% running kill. I normaly use hazel pegs but this year im trying privit.

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

Yet another nice job M.T.Can i ask why you dont use the toggle style of gate net that i use which i find far better than the mini long net style as the net purses the hare giving it no chance of a bounce off,ive also noticed you have your pins laying back at a slight angle and was just wondering why this was as a large number of rabbits in a long net may put strain on the pins and could pull them over.I set mine straight as this way there is far less strain on the pins when i get a good kill in the net...Thanks..P&G

• Like 1
Guest MIST NET

P&G, ive always used the mini longnet and found it to be more than adequate but i shall make a few up with toggles and try em out this season, as for the pegs facing back..its the way i was taught. but im very open minded and will try em straight ( we dont get the numbers like yourself though :D ).It makes a change getting some constructive critisism rather than the "my way is the only way" type of reply. Thanks for your input & advice..MIST NET.

Yet another nice job M.T.Can i ask why you dont use the toggle style of gate net that i use which i find far better than the mini long net style as the net purses the hare giving it no chance of a bounce off,ive also noticed you have your pins laying back at a slight angle and was just wondering why this was as a large number of rabbits in a long net may put strain on the pins and could pull them over.I set mine straight as this way there is far less strain on the pins when i get a good kill in the net...Thanks..P&G

Hi Peg, Have you a pic or diagram of this toggle style net. I would love to see it. ian.

,ive also noticed you have your pins laying back at a slight angle and was just wondering why this was as a large number of rabbits in a long net may put strain on the pins and could pull them over.I set mine straight as this way there is far less strain on the pins when i get a good kill in the net...Thanks..P&G

Well I also angle my pins as I was taught the rabbits nose touches the mesh and its already on the net as opposed to an upright net where the rabbits nose is the only thing in the net and can turn away, I know your going to say the rabbits dont have time to think at speed but some progress slower than others especially with a screamer caught in the net

Y.I.S Leeview

I'm the same has Mistnet + Leeview, in that I also set the pin's in at an angle (rightly or wrongly) I've

alway's thought that it would be better like this so the rabbit's are walking on the the net in the same way

as when setting a pursenet :thumbs:

if you get many hares i could do with re populating areas , handy to have new blood ,lol neever netted hares for years some god bits in the scottish borders dyked walls and only gates to get in and out , but good fora flush 2 with a capable dog