SACS PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION 2009

Happy to update you all with some good news on the competition - there is now a prize for the best photo from a junior.

I made a £20 bet with a friend last week that Sweetpea wouldn't be able to resist having yet another tantrum, won it of course, and I've donated it to the competition :whistling:

Who says I don't have a sense of humour? :boxing:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual you don't deal with peoples issues or concerns?? you don't have a sense of humour, or integrity or even honesty in my opinion?? nobody is throwing a tantrum just stating facts which you can't address or re-butt?? some of these lads are professional and semi professional photographers and your deflecting points put to you!!

Tom

Ps: Instead of placing stupid side bets and trying to con youngsters because the adults have got you sussed? Why not break the habits of a lifetime!! and for once be upfront! and answer points put to you??

Happy to update you all with some good news on the competition - there is now a prize for the best photo from a junior.

I made a £20 bet with a friend last week that Sweetpea wouldn't be able to resist having yet another tantrum, won it of course, and I've donated it to the competition :whistling:

Edited by Foxgun Tom

So we can assume that there has been no amending of the rules, and you will be getting rights to all images entered, not just the prize winning photos? Also that you will be entitled to use the images in any way you see fit, including selling them to other publications, and using them for your own publicity with no payment or credit to the photographer?

Luckily most photographers have a sense of humour too... :wallbash:

I wouldn't have expected anything less from a spineless weasel like yourself Ian, Afterall when things get a little difficult and folk email you for answers for there concerns you just put your head in the sand and hope they go away. I certainly won't be renewing my membership whilst ever your in charge as IMO you havn't got a clue about customer relationship or the working dog enthusiat and it's about time the SACS committee members got there heads from up there own arses and realised they could do alot better and increase there membership tenfold if they parted with your company. Whatever has been said about SACS by Tom is completely true and i stand by him 100%. He was treated like shite by SACS after recruiting 100's of members and giving up his time to stand on the sacs stand at countless country shows and gamefairs throughout the uk. What sacs failed to realise is Tom is very much like a whippet once he has something in his sight he does his very best to achieve his goal and achieve it he will. Once he does i will happily renew my membership....

A very good day to you

So we can assume that there has been no amending of the rules, and you will be getting rights to all images entered, not just the prize winning photos? Also that you will be entitled to use the images in any way you see fit, including selling them to other publications, and using them for your own publicity with no payment or credit to the photographer?

For the record, what we will have is only PERMISSION to use the photographs, if we wish, in the SACS magazine or for our display boards at fairs. We have never asked for the right to do anything else, or exclusive copyright, and I would certainly never sell them or pass them on to a third party.

Photographs we use in the magazine and for display boards are GIVEN to us, for that purpose, by the photographers, to help us because they believe in what we do and are happy to help.

What is maybe not clear here is that the photographs being ranted about by Tom were given to us BY HIM, FOR THAT PURPOSE, and have been on the display boards and used in the magazine for a long time with his full knowledge.

I have several hundred photographs here which were taken by Tom, for us, and given to us on DVD for our use before the threw the rattle out of the pram and resigned. I will of course not use any of them in future if I can identify them as his to avoid causing unneccessary offence.

I'm a working dog enthusiast with dogs that are worked I am also a Sacs member whats you'r problem if you spit out the dummy and resign from an organisation you surely can't expect anyone to think its anything other than sour grapes when you start sniping at it if you have a gripe you address it from within at an agm its called democracy :nono:

Ian your a liar!! If you think the term to strong your welcome to take exception to it by any means at your disposal ;) I did not give you a photographs or permission to use the same on display boards or in the magazine!! and I certainly have never specifically taken photographs for SACs or the magazine except!! with the exception of images of my Grandson when he was born!! I did however give you a CD not a DVD of photographs for personal viewing and you took advantage of that by using them to promote SACs??

You also stated previously in this thread about the SACS photography competition ie:

"that It's being publicised in schools all over the place to get youngsters interested as well, and we have some great pics from the kids already."

Is the above statement true!! and have you received any official permission from any local authority education department, anywhere in Scotland or the UK to publicise this event in their schools?? ie: South Lanarkshire Council, East Renfrewshire Council, Glasgow District Council or Renfrewshire Council, Bearing in mind that no police disclosure checks to my knowledge? were carried out on staff or volunteers of SACs during my time there?? Is the above statement about "being publicised in schools all over the place true and approved by the Director of Education of the education departments previously mentioned or did you just make it up?? and are you misleading people again by making this statement?

Tom

For the record, what we will have is only PERMISSION to use the photographs, if we wish, in the SACS magazine or for our display boards at fairs. We have never asked for the right to do anything else, or exclusive copyright, and I would certainly never sell them or pass them on to a third party.

Photographs we use in the magazine and for display boards are GIVEN to us, for that purpose, by the photographers, to help us because they believe in what we do and are happy to help.

What is maybe not clear here is that the photographs being ranted about by Tom were given to us BY HIM, FOR THAT PURPOSE, and have been on the display boards and used in the magazine for a long time with his full knowledge.

I have several hundred photographs here which were taken by Tom, for us, and given to us on DVD for our use before the threw the rattle out of the pram and resigned. I will of course not use any of them in future if I can identify them as his to avoid causing unneccessary offence.

Edited by Foxgun Tom

Since you decided to take the thread off topic? its only right I reply!!

Listen!! I attended every SACs AGM in recent years and I never seen or heard of you at any of them! either promoting working dogs or events?

In my opinion you just latching on defending the undefendable to build up your on kudos? members of your organisation have been lied too ignored and treated abysmally, ask: people like Mally, Chartpolski, John Huberry, Woodpecker, Winchester, Nettle Rash etc: all members of this board. AGM's are ok as long as there' well attended and the committee is not loaded with the Directors buddy's, The best Irishman and his friend who ever served on a SACS committee left the same because of piss like this!!

I also work dogs and have done for over 43 years, Terriers GSP's etc: and I've been at numerous rallies march's club show's and other major events promoting the working dog!! most people are aware off that and who I am!! is anyone aware of who you are and what you've done??

Tom

I'm a working dog enthusiast with dogs that are worked I am also a Sacs member whats you'r problem if you spit out the dummy and resign from an organisation you surely can't expect anyone to think its anything other than sour grapes when you start sniping at it if you have a gripe you address it from within at an agm its called democracy :nono:
Edited by Foxgun Tom

Nobody was talking to you the reply was to mally. March's Inverness, Edinburgh (Gamekeepers) Edinburgh(march on the Mound) Secc, Liberty & Livelyhood,London.Lobbied Watson in his constituency,was at evidence sessions in Scottish Parliament, attended SCIE meetings (the only jnr so far). I ran the computer during the SWDA postcard campaign 17 1/2 hours non stop printing postcard to Parliament. Worked the stands Cardross hse,Scone D&G Kilmarnock Neilston. I don't need to boost anything as I've

already said if you think somethings wrong fix it. :hunter:

Guys.......I'm a tad Bored at reading tit for tat argueing. Lets grow up and just let sleeping dogs lie. If you have anything to say to each other then get it sorted, otherwise, can we return back to topic. This section is not the place to be washing your dirty laundry in public.....Many Thanks,..,.,..JD

Guys.......I'm a tad Bored at reading tit for tat argueing. Lets grow up and just let sleeping dogs lie. If you have anything to say to each other then get it sorted, otherwise, can we return back to topic. This section is not the place to be washing your dirty laundry in public.....Many Thanks,..,.,..JD

I would agree but if you care to look through all posts ref SACS, and by Foxgun Tom, on this and other forums there is cause for concern that SACS is ignoring questions even when its Director states he will answer them.

NOBS and SACS trumpeted their get together on insurance, but this was stated to be for sport only, imho and that of a barrister friend, any beater or picker up receiving money or payment in kind, is likely to not be covered. This thread on another Forum was closed but I have been told that their moderators agreed that Ian Clark could respond, he was advised of that fact, but failed to do so.

There are quite a few people, more than just the usual disenchanted persons you get in all organisations, raising questions and not getting satisfactory answers.

Would be nice if it could all be sorted I agree.

I dont give a monkeys about sacs, nobs or anything. Any silly bickering on this section and i will sort it one way or the other. This photography section is about just that PHOTOGRAPHY..... Any problems with this please feel free to pm me and i will envisage to sort your problem out. I hope this is the last word on the matter in this section.......regards...JD.

and i will envisage to sort your problem out.

Surely a great wordsmith such as your self means endeavour........... :tongue2::tongue2:

No.....

I know what i meant Capt.Moobs.......Hugs 'n snugs....XXX

en·vis·aged, en·vis·ag·ing, en·vis·ag·es

1. To conceive an image or a picture of, especially as a future possibility: envisaged a world at peace.

2. To consider or regard in a certain way.

and i will envisage to sort your problem out.

Surely a great wordsmith such as your self means endeavour........... :tongue2::tongue2:

No.....

I know what i meant Capt.Moobs.......Hugs 'n snugs....XXX

en·vis·aged, en·vis·ag·ing, en·vis·ag·es

1. To conceive an image or a picture of, especially as a future possibility: envisaged a world at peace.

2. To consider or regard in a certain way.

Ohh.....get you :laugh: ..........bender! :laugh::laugh: