Not what im used too,..

I went to have a look at a local Dojo yesterday, and apart from being the ONLY fecker down there that spoke any english, i had a good time. I trained for four hours, and it was 98F in side!...No "Air-Con" at all!! :blink: It nearly killed me!...The good side is i lost five pounds in four hours, but most was just fluid of course...it took it out of me though i can tell yah!

Ive not done much ground work, so i wanted to train in grappling to give me an "Even" level of forms. Its so different though, its gonna take me a fair while to get the hang of this to be honest!..lol..They wouldnt take any money or nothing, they just said keep coming back and we will just sort summat out...Nice!

It was quite a small Dojo, but they had a "Octogon" and a boxing ring. I have learnt my lesson though...TAKE A FECKING DRINK NEXT TIME!...lol.

All the best,..

Kye..

Guest BORDERFOX
I went to have a look at a local Dojo yesterday, and apart from being the ONLY fecker down there that spoke any english, i had a good time. I trained for four hours, and it was 98F in side!...No "Air-Con" at all!! :blink:  It nearly killed me!...The good side is i lost five pounds in four hours, but most was just fluid of course...it took it out of me though i can tell yah!

Ive not done much ground work, so i wanted to train in grappling to give me an "Even" level of forms. Its so different though, its gonna take me a fair while to get the hang of this to be honest!..lol..They wouldnt take any money or nothing, they just said keep coming back and we will just sort summat out...Nice!

It was quite a small Dojo, but they had a "Octogon" and a boxing ring. I have learnt my lesson though...TAKE A FECKING DRINK NEXT TIME!...lol.

All the best,..

Kye..

give the feckers a roundhouse mate, never fails! lol

Well i hope they do well mate! To be honest, the BJJ guys dont like getting whacked in the face much, but imo, its the best grappling form out there...I had to restrain myself from just "Swinging" at them most of the time, but im there to LEARN there style, not win a silly fight, so punching them in the head at every oppertunity probably 'aint a great idea!..lol... :aggressive: ..lol.

Kye..

hi Kye i dont supose the dojo is run by the Graice family is it? I have boxed 4 many years.then about 8 years ago started going to judo . and soon lernt that i liked the grapling side more than the throws. yes its great fun and very hard work good luck with it .

Hi Tomo,..

The guy who runs it is called Ricado Pehrez (spl??) they have some good fighters come out of that gym,...one in the UFC, a couple in Pride, and a few in Rage in the Cage...So i dont know if there a Gracie influence or not?...i would think there was though.

Yeah, its pretty tough, and the heat dont help much!

Kye..