finally.... it arrived today

well it finally arrived today and i am over the moon.

i am now the proud owner of a "terrier/ferret finder 3 and 1 collar" purchased on ebay for £77.50.

it was a rush to the shop for batteries then when the kids were home they were given the task to hide the collar in the garden. i have to say it is a very easy to use and extremely essential piece of kit.

so that is me now all set.

DSCF7842.jpg

so what is the earliest i can try my ferrets out on a small burrow ??

the 3 of them were born on 8th may this year ??

niall_b73

Edited by niall_b73

Good going mate ;) , am finding mine quite simple to use aswel. Mines were born the same time as yours and am taking mine out this weekend hopfully, not expecting rabbits, just going to a few small burrys to get them used to it. Hows yours getting on with waring the collars.

atb billy

Good going mate ;) , am finding mine quite simple to use aswel. Mines were born the same time as yours and am taking mine out this weekend hopfully, not expecting rabbits, just going to a few small burrys to get them used to it. Hows yours getting on with waring the collars.

atb billy

nice 1, good to hear that your bringing them out now, i might go this weekend now as well. i'll be watching for a report if you do to see how you get on.

as for the collars i have had no bother with them at all.

i bought 3 harnesses when i got my ferrets and cut them up and made 6 collars out of them so mine have had plenty of time to get used to them. also the kids put the collars on them and take them for walks.

keep me posted on how u get on if u decide to go for it this weekend and good luck

niall_b73

Guest lavyheed

I was a die hard fan of the mk1 until my unit gave up the ghost on me and died. Once i remembered to switch the search and locate button, i find the mk3 a fantastic bit of kit. The mk3m collars are the mutts nuts as well :thumbs:

How many times have you played hunt the collar in the garden? :D

lol, the garden is not to bad to find it in, tho i was on for strimming it tomorrow but that is now out the window. not as easy to find in the house seems to be more interference

so does anyone think it is to early to put the ferrets down the burrows yet ??

(keeping my open on ebay for another ferret collar)

niall_b73

nice one niall ive just paid £139 and i find it easy 2 use a bit noisy not like mk 1 atb gunman

if its the mk3 with the pinpointer turn it down you dont have to use it with it turned up just watch the lights if you use the volume its much like using the mk1 box :clapper:

or simply put some electrical tape over the speaker holes, reduces the noise yet still gives you the "beeps"

nice one niall ive just paid £139 and i find it easy 2 use a bit noisy not like mk 1 atb gunman

if its the mk3 with the pinpointer turn it down you dont have to use it with it turned up just watch the lights if you use the volume its much like using the mk1 box :clapper:

or simply put some electrical tape over the speaker holes, reduces the noise yet still gives you the "beeps"

oi stubby thats was my idea lol

tell you what, the batteries are not cheap for the collar.

in my haste to get it up & running so as i could play hide n seek around the house with the kids i went to the local hardware store and purchased the appropriate batteries for the collar, i paid £4. each for them only to find out i can get 10 of them on ebay for less than £4.

would there be any difference in the battery life between the shop 1's or ebay 1's ??

niall_b73

I tend to buy the multi packs from e bay, you get around 60 batteries for £10, while there check out battery testers, you can pick up the one below for around £5, each ferreting trip I put new batteries in the collars, if Im going out the following day, you can easily check how much life is left in them, and longer than a day inbetween and I normally just bin them

post-5267-1253175230.jpg

post-5267-1253175245.jpg

have you cut the collar down yet?

if not, when you do, leave a good bit extra on it, say a good 75mm after its done up, comes in handy when you have a ferret thats a little hard to reach, ie in undergrowth, down a hole, you can grab the flap of collar and lift out, dont worry it wont choke them...