Ratchermans triple

Yesterday afternoon saw us travelling to my ground again for a spot of foxing. On the way there we spotted a fox sitting out in a cut grass field at 3pm sunning himself . I turned the car round but he had vanished :angry: I thought I would see if he was there with the lamp later.

We lamped one spot and the foxes just werent playing ball , we were seeing them but no shots offered .

I climbed over a dry stone wall in the darkness and took a couple of steps forward only to disappear 3 foot down a drainage ditch :( I badly bruised my cocsics and was a bit shaken but we carried on !!! :cry:

Next we tried another spot where the farmer had just cut some grass fields that day on the edge of the hill and I was sure foxes would be hunting here :D

1st flick of the lamp revealed a fox mousing in the fresh cut grass , Ratch shot this one off my shoulder at approx 30 yards :D

We saw a few more but the shot didnt present itself again :angry: then on the way back to the car I spied another fox. Ratch once again shot this one off my shoulder at about 50 yards :D

I then drove to the field where we had seen the fox in the afternoon and as I flicked on the lamp there he was :D He took off though running , but he eventually stopped and Ratch took him with a good shot at 190 yards :D

So that was Ratch with his hatrick :clapper: A happy foxer travelling home !!!

Another good night mate ...................

3004.jpg