ill jill

just went to put one of my jills in the cub inside as i do most nights. gave them a whistle and only one jill and the hob come running out, thort it was strange as she's usually the first one to come out so i put them two in the cub and come back for her to find her curled up in the corner of the cage (they often sleep here though) under all the logs. i lent over her and let her smell me first, picked her up and her tail was fuzzed and didnt look too well. she was shivering a bit but isnt as much now as shes under my jacket with a warm water bottle on the outside of my coat. shes taken a small amount of water off my fingers. what should i be doing to try and get her back on her feet?

tia

maty.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:( Don't hold out too much hope though, Maty. When they go down, mate, they tend to go.

Most important this is to isolate ye ferrets and monitor the rest of the little buggers closely. Think like hell and re examine all that's gone on in the last week. Where they've been. What they've done. What they've eaten. Try to figure it out and prevent a recurrance.

there appears to be an illness going round, its not affecting all ferrets in the same home, symptoms are vomiting & watery poo, some people have also had there ferrets with green poo, as far as i know antibiotics have been used , several different people from different parts of the uk have reported the same symptoms in the last week, i dont think any ferrets have died so far

But taking the ferret to the vet is a must

:unsure: That's scarey, FL. Didn't we just read, somewhere here, that something sounding strikingly similar is 'going round' effecting Dogs just now ???

Well i am not sure if gastro type compliants can pass from human to animal or animal to human & also if it crosses from one species to another, as you say dog to ferret or vice verser, but any animal chucking up or has the shits needs to see a vet pdq

Cant pass from dog to human i know that much (asked at vets).

Sisters cat has a viral infection...just like a humans head cold. Vet said its all over at the mo. And that isnt infecting all the cats in the areas either. Never seen anything like it :blink:

MOLL.

One of my jills is off colour the last couple of days. Took her to the vet, he told me to cut out Ferret complete food, reckons too much vtitmins in it. :blink:

She has also got a small bald patch on her.

Frank.

took her too the vets the following morning. they had her on a drip getting fluids and antibiotics etc in her but today there wasnt any improvement so we had her put down there. they said it was like a bug they had from the meat she's been eating or brain damage. she fell out of the indoor cage a few days prior so guess it must be that. i thort braindamage was instant? she didnt seem to fussed by it though. was only a couple of feet onto a bike and its not the first time shes done it either. was going to try her this season aswell, loved ragging whatever i put in.