Any free stuff for an up and coming hunter ?? :D

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you intend using any freebies you get?

Have you got some permission, or are you planning on using them elsewhere?

I'm sure there are people in your locality who could take you out and show you some sport; a good idea would be to get 'in' with a local keeper. Even if you live in a built up area, you should be able to cycle or bus it to your nearest shoot. Beating is a great way 'in' and also gets you some dosh. Join NOBS for more information.

when i was your age i was making snares out of old electric wire and nets out of old garden bird netting you may not get as many but its a good learning curve you dont get anything for nowt, its a route alot of us have taken your still young mate it will all come in time. try to utilize anything you have availible to you.

saying this times have changed and you will probably get arrested :D .

I'm sure there are people in your locality who could take you out and show you some sport; a good idea would be to get 'in' with a local keeper. Even if you live in a built up area, you should be able to cycle or bus it to your nearest shoot. Beating is a great way 'in' and also gets you some dosh. Join NOBS for more information.

Well my step nan owns a small farm just down the road where i currently snare, but she wont let me shoot there, i have no idea if there is a keeper local to me, and to be quite honest mate i would rarther just snare and ocasionally shoot with an air rifle, i am ok on the farm for now, but ofcourse i will be looking for more permissions later on, probably next year now. My grandad is the only one that could accompany me on these shoots ect, and he has a dodgey heart :( so he cant walk that far, and he dosent like loud noises, unfortuatly all of my family except for him are antis :\

when i was your age i was making snares out of old electric wire and nets out of old garden bird netting you may not get as many but its a good learning curve you dont get anything for nowt, its a route alot of us have taken your still young mate it will all come in time. try to utilize anything you have availible to you.

Haha yeah mate, well i did actually make a bird trap thing with some old chicken wire i found, put it in my garden but no luck, i made 1 snare out of some crab line and some wire that i found, but the wire all frayed and didnt work properly lol,

I may be a bit 'out of touch' with modern ways of doing things; but do you really need to be accompanied by a family member? I was beating from the age of 12, and none of my family ever even offered me a lift!

Get yourself onto the NOBS website and see what they can do to help.

You will soon convert your 'anti' relations when they see that your interest is not just a 'whim'.

I may be a bit 'out of touch' with modern ways of doing things; but do you really need to be accompanied by a family member? I was beating from the age of 12, and none of my family ever even offered me a lift!

Get yourself onto the NOBS website and see what they can do to help.

You will soon convert your 'anti' relations when they see that your interest is not just a 'whim'.

Kk mate cheers

Well my step nan owns a small farm just down the road where i currently snare, but she wont let me shoot there, i have no idea if there is a keeper local to me, and to be quite honest mate i would rarther just snare and ocasionally shoot with an air rifle, i am ok on the farm for now, but ofcourse i will be looking for more permissions later on, probably next year now. My grandad is the only one that could accompany me on these shoots ect, and he has a dodgey heart :( so he cant walk that far, and he dosent like loud noises, unfortuatly all of my family except for him are antis :\

when i was 14 i would of cut my nob off for some permission, i would say your a lucky lad if you`ve got a farm you can go on i did`nt get my first permission until i was 16 and had a motorbike, just enjoy what your doing and learn how to do it well if you can set one snare and catch a rabbit then you can snare to many people think it is the number of traps they own that makes them a good trapper.

when i was 14 i would of cut my nob off for some permission, i would say your a lucky lad if you`ve got a farm you can go on i did`nt get my first permission until i was 16 and had a motorbike, just enjoy what your doing and learn how to do it well if you can set one snare and catch a rabbit then you can snare to many people think it is the number of traps they own that makes them a good trapper.

Aha, problem is that my step nan is also an anti, and there isnt many rabbits on her land, but i try anyway, and she lets me aslong as i dont go down the house with the rabbits :angel:

Haha yeah mate, well i did actually make a bird trap thing with some old chicken wire i found, put it in my garden but no luck, i made 1 snare out of some crab line and some wire that i found, but the wire all frayed and didnt work properly lol,

better than doing drugs though, time well spent mate