Bad biter - advice wanted

Cornio

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting better now.

She's on a meat diet and I've put one of my hobs in with her. He's very calm and well behaved and it seems to be rubbing off on her. Leading by example maybe.

I pick him up and stroke him and she seems to be watching this, then I pick her up and she's only doing the odd nip now.

how you been getting on mate....... any joy???

hows that jill doing darryl???

Poley seems to be coming round a little but still tries to have a go.....but that albino is being a right little witch......fed them a full belly of fresh raw meat, left them for an hour or so while I painted the fence she took a good hold of me today after trying the lemon juice trick....tried to ram finger across her jaw but she just kept munching......bloody claret everywhere..... I hope she's gonna take some perseverance......

any other cures would be most welcome

Poley seems to be coming round a little but still tries to have a go.....but that albino is being a right little witch......fed them a full belly of fresh raw meat, left them for an hour or so while I painted the fence she took a good hold of me today after trying the lemon juice trick....tried to ram finger across her jaw but she just kept munching......bloody claret everywhere..... I hope she's gonna take some perseverance......

I wonder if you only handled her straight from the cage would help.If you could hold her in a way that she could not turn to bite you gently stroke her then put her back in the cage after the handling session. Then repeat the process Maybe after a while she would get use to you holding her and build up trust.

One thing for certain them bites must be very painfull not a habit for your ferret to get into and must be also making you increasingly nervous of handleing her.GOODLUCK MATE

I wonder if you only handled her straight from the cage would help.If you could hold her in a way that she could not turn to bite you gently stroke her then put her back in the cage after the handling session. Then repeat the process Maybe after a while she would get use to you holding her and build up trust.

One thing for certain them bites must be very painfull not a habit for your ferret to get into and must be also making you increasingly nervous of handleing her.GOODLUCK MATE

she wont even let me handle her to stroke her mate, as for the bites being painful my finger is like a sieve....lol

But I'm certainly not nervous of handling any of them...perseverance will win in the end

she wont even let me handle her to stroke her mate, as for the bites being painful my finger is like a sieve....lol

But I'm certainly not nervous of handling any of them...perseverance will win in the end

its his aftershave lol

give her a small dish of cat milk or goats milk ,and dip your finger in it as she drinks and let her lick it off your finger ,plus hand feed her small pieces of meat ,she ill soon get the hang of your hands being good

Good thick garden gloves to save your hands mate,when you can roll her over, tickle her tummy and play with her without her trying to bite the glove it will be time to take the gloves off.It will take time to let her see you won't harm her but it will be a lot less painful.

All the best P1. :)

its his aftershave lol

or lack of it....lmao