best live rat trap bait

Guest ROUGH COATED
no stubby definetly rats shot a few but gonna try catch some live ones got a 18 week old pup and i want to start him on rats for the local farm sheds mate :victory:

I might have read this wrong but i wait till the terrier's second teeth have come through before i let them on the RAT'S' all the best anyway

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SHOUT, IM TYPING ON A LAP TOP YA f*****g NERD,

Posted Images

I HAVE COUGHT LOADS BY PUTTING HALF A ROCKY BAR IN THE TRAP MATE HAHA, THATS MY FAVOURITE, AND PEANUT BUTTER, ANYTHING SWEET REALY

Do you have to SHOUT all the time?

hey all just done a search for best type of live rat trap baits but found nothing so wondering on anypast knoledge or ideas every little helps ;)

much thanks sned.

The best bait to use will depend on the circumstances. Where are you trying to catch them, and what are they eating?

Cage traps are more difficult to use because of the neophobic reaction of rats.

Have a look at the 'best baits' thread in the FAQ section above.

SHOUT, IM TYPING ON A LAP TOP YA f*****g NERD,

terrier man ur the fin nerd. ur one of the peaple that pisses everyone off so why the hell are you regsitered to this site if all you want to do i piss peaple off u NERD!

Anyway, I searched on google for you and found out that peanut butter, toffee Snickers bar is good / any chocolate really.

IM THE OPPOSITE OF A NERD MATE, AND WHO ASKT YOU, I WRITE IN CAPS LOCKS WAW GET OVER IT YA BUNCH OF WOMEN, I DONT WANT TO PISS ANYONE OF IF PEOPLE KEPT THERE BIG NOSES OUT, KNOW ONE WOULD BE PISSED OFF, ANYONE WHO HAS TO DO A GOOGLE SEARCH ON BAIT FOR A TRAP SHOULDNT BE ON THIS SITE NOT ME HAHA

IM THE OPPOSITE OF A NERD MATE, AND WHO ASKT YOU, I WRITE IN CAPS LOCKS WAW GET OVER IT YA BUNCH OF WOMEN, I DONT WANT TO PISS ANYONE OF IF PEOPLE KEPT THERE BIG NOSES OUT, KNOW ONE WOULD BE PISSED OFF, ANYONE WHO HAS TO DO A GOOGLE SEARCH ON BAIT FOR A TRAP SHOULDNT BE ON THIS SITE NOT ME HAHA

For someone that doesn't want to 'PISS ANYONE OF' I'd hate to read your posts when you are.

This is an internet forum about trapping and pest control. If people can't come on here and ask questions then where can they?

haha your a proper weird one mate, listern i didnt come on this site to argue with someone i just want to talk about terriers etc, if you want to argue go somewere else because you started it by comenting on what i said, end of

chunk of mackerel f*****g stinks buh works a treat

Smoked mackerel skin is a great bait. When I worked on a trout farm we used smoked trout skins and always had results. Other baits that work if all the chocolate and peanut butter fail are skin off boiled bacon, crispy fried piece of sausage or lard you cooked your joint in.